Bought a DTC reader from Germany after someone suggested it to me - read the ECU on the wife's highline and got the following faults:

01247 - EVAP Canister Purge Regulator Valve - N80 (cleared)

00287 - ABS wheel speed signal #3(right rear) -Range/Performance (G44)

I thought something might be wrong with the ABS as the light doesn't come on ignition start-up. Does the sensor need replacing on the rear right? is this a pain or can it be done DIY?

The ABS light should come on when the ignition is switched on and go off if all is fine. But as your's isn't coming on at all i would check the bulb or the wiring hasn't been disconnected.

As for the rear sensor you can try taking it out, it's held on with 1 hex bolt, which ushally comes out, but the sensor might not want to part company with the rest of the car which will mean taking the rear calliper and disc off to get access to it. Which could turn out to be another arse as the carrier bolts for the calliper can be pain to take out.

And as for the EVAP valve fault,i was told by Stealth that "it's quite normal for this fault to come on not to worry about as it has no effect with the running of the car".

If you do want to change it. It lives on the side of the airbox if you still have one.

Thanks. Do I need to remove the screws on the side of the dash (drivers sides) to take a look at the SRS/ABS unit that light's up.. or can I get to it from below?

I'll take the car round my dads on the weekend and get him to check the rear sensor... good news about the EVAP valve fault.. save me a few bob over xmas!

Can't remember off the top of my head but there was deffinatley no screws to take out. It's just a case of prising between the headlight switch and the ABS/SRS module.

The only reason i know this is, that my abs light is on for the same reason as yours and i need to take the calliper off to get at it.But i haven't had the time or weather so i just the disconnected the light module the orange light isn't in my face all the time.

If you have got the tools and know what to look for, it is worth trying to get some WD40 or similar on the caliper carrier bolts and the one that retains the ABS sensor. If the retaining bolt shears off it is a mare, as for the carrier bolts i dread to think :o