Central locking failure in P Reg VR6

Does anybody else concur with my theory that garages deliberately break something when you take your car in for a service?(!)

Since getting my VR6 back from it's annual service, the central locking now doesn't do a thing when alarming the car. The door locks don't actuate and I have to resort to using the key to open both passenger and driver doors.

Does anybody know where i'd check the fuse for this to see if it's easily remedied?

look in the boot first!!! the central locking pump is housed under the inner lip of the back panel' date=' its in a funny little grey foam housing, sometimes they get disturbed by clumsy grease monkeys and play up, just check its all connected properly and making a noise when you operate the lock.

[/quote']

The bane of most Mk2s as well.........I had 2 go in my Mk2 16v

Well as usual, nobody at the dealership wanted to know without wanting to sting me £90 plus vat per hour to take a look - honestly - would it kill them to take a quick look for a frequent and loyal customer!

The pump in the boot is making it's usual noise but I'm wondering if it's suction ability has deminished so much that it's not working properly. Does anybody know whether, if I take the air line off the pump, whether I should be able to feel it sucking air when it's activated, or whether it blows air? It seems to be doing neither.