HELP URGENT!!!! NON STARTER!!!updated see page 2

HELP!!!! had me manifold refitted today, the car was running , they turned it off , i came to pick it up , and nohing, no spark no fuel pump priming, its fucking dead!!!

any ideas, im assuming the immobilsrer in the key has packed up or misfunction.

is this a vw only job??? i really need the car this weekend.

please help!!!

when you turn the key the dash lights up, but when you go to crank theirs nothing. any way to check the standard immobilier????

thx

jim

doesn't sound like the immobiliser..

if the immobiliser is not coded properly the car will fire and run for about a second then cut out...

could be the starter switch on the back of the ignition barrel??

or possibly the ecu power relay, though this shouldn't affect the fuel pump??

hmm, ok will check tommorrow.. i was thinking transponder ring or barrel. its weird that i get all the lights and stuff, but it jst wont turn over, nothing.

where is the ecu power relay and whats its relay number??

it a obd2 car, on a p plate if that helps

As said wont be immob. car would fire up.

OBD2 cars wont prime the pump until the engine turns over.

Starter would still turn the engine over if ecu was dead or not powered. Sounds like starter maybe, do you get a click or anything?

check the thick wire between starter and solonoid.

Silly question but i'm gonna ask it - how long was it not running for? ie flat battery?

Tom.

no guys you misunderstand. car has been running fine.had a manifold fitted and they said come and collect it. got there they had turned car off , as you do and now it wont start, get all lights etc,get a click from front of car/relay but nothing, doesnt try to turn over.

sometimes before, the car would not always catch on the first urn of the key, you would hav to turn it back and then try again. then it would work. when i say catch i mean from say pos 2 to 3 on th ignition switch, hence i was going for ign switch or transponder ring.

keep the ideas coming, im gonna try them all.

jim

well, tested all today, so a quick update, have 12v constant going to starter, and i should have a voltage when you turn the key, but ii dont, its stays a nowt when i turn the key, so im thinking ign barrel, im gonna whip it out tommorow and see.

how easy id the barrel to remove, i have a airbag in the wheel any tips????

right quick update, got the ignition barrel assmbley out, and now by using the bottom plastic peice and a screwdriv er the car will turn over, but wont catch , does the transponder coil need to be on the coloum and the key near it. or do i have more than one problem.

as it now fires but doesnt start i reckon replace the ign switch, as it didnt do nowt before, then move onto problem two

your all wrong :), twas fuel pump relay and ign sitch. dont no how both went at once.

anyways how do you get the uj back in at the bottom of the steering coloumn by the pedals.

its all ive got left to do and i cant do it.!!!

will try that tommorrow' date=' its weird though how it was running, then it got turned off then now wont start.???

[/quote']

Starters often fail with no advance warning. You can have 100% reliable starting for years, stop for fuel or a packet of fags, try to start up again and nothing...