... and another one ... (updated!)

yeah, i was gonna order these till i was told they wont fit my cluster :(, cos its obd1 and theyre a different shape apparently. can anyone confirm this as i realy want these dials. altho my dials start at 10mph...

[ Edited Thu Jun 24 2004, 05:11PM ]

But Olly, did you have the speedometer that starts at 10mph with the stoppers? I am under the impression that my gauges will not work with them. PLEASE let me know if I am wrong because I am losing alot of sales becasue of this. My car is also OBD1.

i have the obd1 guages with 10mph start, and the stopper. i am wanting the euro guages but beleive that i would in effect be doing 30mph when the dials read 20mph and so on, as the dials start from zero.

if the stopper is removed, would the needle drop below 10mph point if only doing say 5 mph. i mite strip them down and remove the needle to see, if i get chance before my holidays on wednesday.

[ Edited Thu Jun 24 2004, 11:48PM ]

mines a 93' date=' so is a distributor obd1. yours may not be.[/quote']

i reckon yours is a '92 actually mr monster ;)

cause '93's are coilpack (and also have the abs ecu in a different place).

there's a date printed on a lot of the parts (such as front wishbones) on the car, this will tell you when yours was built.

mines a 95 obd1' date=' and is a dizzy system rather than the coilpack[/quote']

thats really weird! is it the original engine? cause it should be coilpack.

[ Edited Fri Jun 25 2004, 05:35PM ]

well what year is yours. mines a 93' date=' so is a distributor obd1. yours may not be. cant they just leave things alone on cars, and not change little things like this, lol.[/quote']

Ha I'm glad they changed them, otherwise I wouldn't be doing this..

ah' date=' could be actually. all the plugs kinda plug into the "side" of the engine. thats coilpack isnt it ?

i've made a pratt of myself havent i ?

oh crap :([/quote']

Yeah thats a coilpack. What is a dizzy system???

I don't have the picture of your gauges. I would have told you that I can't do it if had had 10mph ones though.

well it is 93 on the logbook, and by the vin no. altho mine has had a new engine, but the last time it was vw serviced was 99. lol. so i think im gonna have to find some 95 on clusters am i? will they just fit?

dizzy = distributor/rotor arm system.

well it is 93 on the logbook' date=' and by the vin no. altho mine has had a new engine, but the last time it was vw serviced was 99. lol. so i think im gonna have to find some 95 on clusters am i? will they just fit?

dizzy = distributor/rotor arm system.

[/quote']

it may have been registered in very early '93, and so would have been built in '92...check the date on the underside of your front wishbones for the date of manufacture (presuming they're the originals of course)

I never knew you could see the DOM there. Can't you just look in the door jamb?

yeah, so i hear...is it on the barcode? mines worn off.

its actually the date of manufacture of the wishbones...so if its been changed (possibly due to a shunt) you'll know.

its printed on loads of other parts as well.