well you guys,i just got back from having a nice new magnex stainless system fitted at r-tec just north of london,and wow!it is oh so quiet,for the mrs,but too quiet for me ~:( the roar of my powerflow system was awsome!but now it's gonna have to go!if anyone wants it,i'll take no less than £100 for it.however!i have another problem now!my cat has long departed the world of exhaust systems,as when the new pipe was fitted,the fitter noticed there was no sign of the internals being attached as should be so i now have to get either a new cat @£204.00 or a de-pipe@£79.00????some of my mot certificates say the car is a 92 car and some say my car is a 93!my car was first registered 31 jan 93!what do i do regards the next mot?

An abscence of catalyser plates is a good thing! And £100 for the Magnex is a bargain! Shame I've got a Corrado! Anyway, I'd go with a decat. 90% of MOT testers are only interested in emissions, not the CAT. So long as your car passes those, you're fine. Decent decats are actually an expansion box in their own right, so look a bit like a cat anyway.