ive been offerd £3200

The main things you need are the engine and gearbox, ecu and loom, front subframe and engine mounts.

I did the whole conversion for aprox £800 including buying everything.

I can highly recommend FK suspension, I have the konigsport model and they are amazing (possibly a bit pricey for a road car though - mines for track)

Also, you can't go wrong with the brembos from an Ibiza Cupra R - these fit easily to mk3 hubs.

best thing to do mate, is buy a doner car. this is what i did and ul have every part u need apart from a corrado pedal box (if you buy a mk3 donar). this way u can also sell bits off the mk3 an get back some of the money.

if you buy an obd1, it might be slightly easier as you wont need the transponder box, chipped key etc etc BUT.... id try and go for obd2, as they have better ecu's with coilpack and tend to create slightly more power....

give us a shout if you need help or get stuck

also forgot to add, when you buy the mk2, make sure its 1990 onwards. this way the engine loom goes staight into the fuse box.

also, if its a 16v, you will already have the drive shafts (cant use 8v ones), and upgrading brakes will be easier too. the have bigger brake master cylinder than the 8v and the hubs will allow you to fit 280mm g60 calipers and carriers or 312mm TT ones.

so imo '95 onwards mk3 vr6 or corrado vr6 and 1990 onwards mk2 16v.

u might not want to buy 2 whole cars as it may work out expensive, but i searched hard enuff and found rear ended '97 highline which worked out v.cheap ;)