the time has finally come!

well, after debating this little issue for some time now, and trying to hold onto the idea of finishing the project as i saw it, its time to draw the curtian on my mk3 vr6 and move onto another project. i really dont want to and i do know i'll regret the move, but i need to reasses where all my funds are going and how i can justify doing less than 2k a year in a car that owes me over 22k in blood sweat and tears over the years i've owned it.

the car will be getting returned to standard-ish after i return from my holiday mid oct and all the desirable bits will be up for grabs. i have an idea of what they are worth and what i'm looking for in most cases so will not be giving stuff away. if i do not source some of the bits i need to replace the modded parts then i will entertain a px policy of modded for standard should anyone be interested in said parts. i will get a list of all the parts once removed from the car, but as a taster of possible bits i have a short list below.

i will sell bits on a first come first served basis, cash wins over promises everytime i've found but if anyone would like summat i will do my best to hold it unless i have a much better offer. this is gonna break my heart to do tbh, but i cant see another way forward for me atm. i'm certainly not saying i wont have another vr6, far from it, but the mk3 thing for me is over for the time being.

i do hope i'm still welcome on here in my present capacity and maybe more in time. i will continue to offer help and advice where possible and within the knowledge i have ammased through ownership of such a fantastic car. i am offering everyone on here the chance of bits on here first before it goes on any other forum.

a short list of bits as follows atm:-

schrick manifold inc dastek unichip-obd1

rebuilt 'rado box, lower final drive, quaife atb fitted

amd large tb-obd1

eibach arb's

eibach upper front brace

fk konigsport coilovers

vento front end inc smoked light

early vento grill

mattig vento grill spoiler

5 door black cc interior inc doorcards and heated loom/switch

smoothed front and rear bumpers

private plate

and of course the car itself, will hopefully be on slightly lowered suspension of some description, debadged/dewipered tailgate, crystal rear m3's, ram air induction, scorpion cat-back, 16's, debadged grill, black interior, always made over 200bhp for an obd1, even b4 the schrick, oil changed every 3k, blah blah blah. most of you know the car so i will stop there as its making me sad thinking about it, bloody cars huh!

Well im truly sorry to here ya sellin up m8 its never good to end a project so hope ya really thought it through. Good luck with whatever ya replace her with and hope you recoup some cash on the bits ya selling.

Dont think ive seen the car but i did sort ya a gearknob out a few months back.... All the best.

vento front comes with the vento boneet jake, vr6lover, still got the knob on, pics of mine are around on the froums. its a sad shame tbh, but i think its time to move on, selling the charger b4 fitting it was the final nail i think, it'll never be as i wanted it now and never be as quick as i would like, tho its not slow at all. just a sahme i dont have the spare funds atm to finish it and cant see it anytime soon!

hi guys, sorry i've been a bit slack on the response to your questions. currently all the stuff is still on the car as its being used daily. i'm away for a couple of weeks as from 2moro so i will have a think about all things vw and decide on the way forward when i return, watch this space guys! thanks for your enquiries!

I totally understand what you're saying because I'm going through the same thing myself.

At the end of the day highly modified cars like yours & mine are money pits and as long as they're sitting on your driveway they'll be hoovering up your cash.

When it gets to the point where the car becomes so modified that you can no longer use it as your daily transport and can only take it out on weekends, one does start to ask serious questions...

On the other hand, you will be totally gutted when you sell it and, unless your next car is a Porsche 911 or an Audi RS4, it just won't deliver the raw excitement of a tuned VR6 screaming its nuts off.

Anyway, best of luck selling your bits and I hope you decide to stick around on the VR6OC forums! It wouldn't be the same without ya!