Looking real good mate' date=' bet ur chuffed.

I was thinking, if i went for the Rials, would they not be likely to hit the calipers??

[/quote']

What width are the Rials?

TBH it all depends on the wheel itself, mine are only 7"wide and they cleared the calipers by about 10mm.Yet my old ones were 7.5" and didnt clear.Both ET35.

I think it's a case of hit and miss unfortunately when buying new rims.

If they don't clear you could always space them out.

Chris

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zorro - they look well good, nice to hear you got something out of the suppliers due to late delivery!

One thing I can recommend is that new 'Cap-plan' Nanotech wheel protector..... got some from Hal-frauds (bout a tenner), get them protected now while there still dead clean (this stuff stops the dirt sticking to em, the rain even washes the muck off). You just spray it on - leave it for a bit then buff it off if needed.

Dave

Can't see 8" wide wheels fouling the calipers' date='but you'll probably have to roll your arches with 17's.

Chris

[/quote']

im not going to lower it straight away, need to save up the cash. Do you think the arches will still need done if its not lowered? i wouldnt have thought so??

just be mindfull that some people encounter problems when you renew discs & or pads, the new ones can push the caliper out a bit and sometimes cause it to touch, not usually a problem but worth bearing in mind, have you looked at this website for rims? www.tunershop.co.uk, i got mine from them and can highly recomend them

• 2 weeks later...

Right, after some 4 weeks waiting for a phone call about availability and price of the Rial Nogaros, i am having a change of mind.

Want a set of wheels quick but, again, i am stuck on what to go for.

5-spokes? 5-Spokes "set in" with polished lip? Multi spokes with polished rim (i.e similar to the Rial nogaros)??

Any one got any opinions or any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks alot.

no offence mate' date=' but, kinda gone off them now. Really not sure what to go for.

Any one with any ideas??

Do you think 5-spokes are too common looking??

[/quote']

None taken, why do you think i'm putting me old ones back on ;-)

I think a 'solid' looking wheel suits the VR personally, like the tt comps..

Chris

Wheel debates, love em!! I laways find that dudes loving the rs4s don't like 5 spokes, and vice versa. I love 5 spoke rims but think rs4s look too much, they look cool don't get me wrong but not my cup of tea.

I got a set of audi tt 5 spokes (not comps) that I need to sell, in real good condition, just waiting for replacement centre caps. I'm looking for £200 for em, no tyres, 16x7j. Real clean looking style.