Hey just wondering if someone can help with a misfire on my 137k 1994 VR6 Golf (OBD1). It seems to miss every so often when warm. The car was recently serviced, and has brand new plugs as well as 6 month old leads. It wont misfire when cold (oil temp below 70oC) and also doesnt do it when sitting idling or under heavy accelaration. Any help on this would be appreciated, cheers

J ;)

My car had similar probs which turned out to be a loose plug (or 6) - if yours is OBD1 you wont have a coil pack but check your dizzy cap and arm. Mine tended to this more when it was hot or after a shoeing with the gas pedal when the engine wasnt running so hot.

i would first check your dizzy and rotor arm' date=' and replace them for piece of mind, and which leads did you buy 6months ago? ud be lucky for cheap leads to even last you that imo.... so it may well be them again

[/quote']

Mine is ODB1 with coil pack, so not strictly true.

Also check your plug condition, and tightness. Mine worked loose and I got a slight miss. However do not overtighten as you will be in trouble if you strip the thread!

Not if its OBD1 surely but im no expert :)

OBD1 was coilpack from mid 93.

ECU codes for Dizzy OBD1 are 021 906 258 A/B/C

ECU codes for the coilpack ODB1's - 021 906 258 AG/AF/CH/CP/BM/EA/BK

OBD2 codes are 021 906 256 XX or 02 1906 259 XX

Definatly worth checking. have a good look for cracks on the black plastic.

Tom.