still not sorted.

came to set off for work, got 1st, drove a bit, set of lights, went to set off, and BAM!! 3rd gear, no other, then limped home.

now i can only get 3rd and 4th, but can select all gears at the box. oh, and if i go for reverse, i get 1st, pull back and get 2nd.

anyone got any ideas?? please help as i need to get to work!!!

problem solved!!

i kinda guessed it had something to do with a link, and i was right, a 13mm nut had come loose, and so preventing full movement in nuetral, hence not getting gears.

took someone to sit in it and try the gears before i found it tho, but thanks for the help guys

Sound like the problem with mine at the moment - plus it slips into 3rd when I go for 5th sometimes. It is an easy job to check the linkage?

it's very easy, 1 13mm nut. if you look down onto the top of the 'box, there's like a slide, nut on the end of the bolt facing towards the engine, keep it in nuetral, tighten that nut; that's central neutral, i.e. level with 3rd and 4th. give it a try, let me know how you get on.

take you less than 10 seconds. mechanic was looking at mine for 10 mins while i was wiggling the stick, couldn't find anything, he gave it a wiggle and i spotted it straight away