Exact colour of my VR?

Hi guys, I'm a bit of a newbie to VR's, only having picked up mine a the weekend. So please excuse this very basic question.

I bought the car cheap, as it needs work including paint. It looks like it's been car washed it's entire life, the paint is at flat as anything - but I have budgeted for an entire re-spray - great!

My question is, I can't find the build sticker in the boot to find out what colour the car is, I have spent some time looking for codes for 'VW black's' - but there seems to be loads of them, and I can't work out which ones are specific to the mk3.

It's a P reg 96 non highline VR - can anyone one tell me? as I have no idea if there were multiple blacks used on the mk3.

Thanks!

Sorry, this is the only pic I have that's not completely out of focus!

DSCF1684small.jpg

No idea - it was filthy when I got it, put a quick coat of polish on it tonight - but it was getting dark by the time I finished so that's not something I noticed.

It looks quite shiny in the picture, it's not really!

Hi Kaz, Nice to see another lady VR Owner on here specially one from my neck of the woods :)

There are lots of VW Blacks but looking at that pic it does look like a Black Magic one - Cadguy has an excellent link on the above post for all VW colours

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I've not got all the documentation for it yet, so I can't check the service book.

Richievr, thanks - I'll get the chassis number and PM you :)

Vdubgirl, I'm glad there are fellow lady VR owners on here, I'll have to come along to a meet once it's finished.