SUMMER 2006 NURBURG RING CRUISE WEEKEND

Ok, Have made a thread for the details and people making this trip, please use the other thread http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?129641.30 for discussions!

Leaving on the 7am ferry from dover to boulogne on sat 9th Sept, Cruise Through France, Beligium, The Netherlands (meeting vw syncro at some point) then into Germany where we hit the auto bahns.

Upon arrival on the first de-restricted road, arrange for co pilots to adopt filming position, bring back new footage for the events section and drive your vr like it was designed to be driven!

Arrive @ the ring approx 1600 hrs Sat. Drive a few laps if ur hardcore enuf!!!

Camp, Drink, Knees up, sleep.

Wake up take pills, sort head out, drive round and round and round and round, - No picnics or dogging allowed on the ring (however there is a car park you can see whilst driving round the track but we have never been able to find the entrance..!)

same as night before,

Leave monday am, cruise with the club.. Germany, holland, belgium and france to catch 1600 boat back...

No self respecting Tyre kickin Vw driver should miss this opportunity!

Ferry costs (04/08/2006) £74.00 *Prices may change nearer the time

http://www.speedferries.com/index.html

WHO'S GOING..? (D= DEPOSIT PAID)(B= BOOKED ON FERRY)

• 1. Seademon + Vr6 (camping)(B)
    2. James + 325i (camping)(B)
    3. Mk3 Anni + Vr6 (hotel?)(B)
    4. Ingham + Vr6 (camping)(B)D£74.00
    5. VrSick + Vr6 (camping)(B)
    6. Cadguy + Vr6 (camping)(B)
    7. Vwsyncro + Vr6 on route!
    8. SamVR6 + Vr6 (hotel) (B)?
    Passengers:
    Fourmotion - camping
    The Goth - camping
    Andy (fourmotion's m8 and cameraman) - camping
    Mystery Guest...?

BOOKING OF CROSSING:

"If your driving you car and want to join in the cruise and be on the same ferry, I am taking deposits for £50.00 to guarantee we all stay together on the crossing.

Please pm me for details of payment.

I'll be making the bookings on Friday 18th August so all deposits need to be paid by then. (Any deposit paid will be non refundable after this date as tickets will have been purchased.)

Please pm me with your full details, car reg and any passenger names addresses D.O.B's etc.. "

AND NOW FOR THE IMPORTANT STUFF:

PAYMENT CUT OFF POINT: by the 18th August to ensure a space..

PASSENGERS:

If you can't make it with your car and want a ride out share the fuel costs, (passengers are allowed on the track also!) let me know and we could try and arrange co pilots as well for those with space, camera people, & general map readers required... ;)

CAMPING / ACCOMODATION:

Please make your own sleeping arrangements, that is just too damn organised for me to do! here is a 'sort of' helpfull link.

Most i believe are staying @ http://www.camping-am-nuerburgring.de/

watch this space!!

Jake 8-)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

European Recovery:

ADAC ( http://www.adac.de/mitgliedschaft_leistungen/Ihre_Mitgliedschaft/membership/default.asp?id=257&location=1 ), the German version of the AA, do exceptional value breakdown cover 78E (*). Valid in mainland Europe, in the UK (I suspect they have an agreement with the AA) AND on the 'Ring itself, in the (un)likely event of a brake down or a crash, to save the 170E recovery fee. Unlike the AAs European Cover which won't assist you within 5km of the 'Ring.

Just down load this PDF: https://www.adac.de/images/Antrag%20engl%2EWBS%207407_tcm8-91323.pdf, fill it in (you will have to shoe horn in your credit card details where is wants a German debit card) and fax it off. Remember to add the intl. dialing code for Germany, which escapes me at the moment. Your card should take about a week to arrive.

All credit to Ben Lovejoy at www.nurburgring.org.uk ( a site all 'Ring newbies should read ) for the info

TG

P.S. Jake, I'm already covered m8 :-)

(*) Might be an extra 4E for using a credit rather then German debit card.

Hi everyone

Jake's (vrsick) cousin Sam here. I am booked up for this trip and will probably be hoteling it. There should be space if anyone needs a ride in car. Wanted to take the evo but don't think I will have it in time. Still, be nice to take the vr6 syncro back to her homeland.

Sam

Only just spotted this thread - Me & James have got walky talkys from last time. If you buy any' date=' get good ones like Motorola etc - my mate bought us some 'Midland' ones and the range was CRAP!!

I cant wait :0)

[/quote']

Do you remember the model number, so we know which not to get. I've seen some Midland GXT-600s which boast up 18miles (across water, at night, with a tail wind, etc, etc )

Cheap Motorolas seem to have a lower range, or are they just being more reaslistic?

TG

P.s. Can't wait either.

K, Guys all names on the list are booked (bar Mk3Anni, Cadguy + Guest(s) as I believe your already sorted??)

Final price was £100 per car and seeing as it had gone up that far i didnt want to chance not getting any1 on. Apparently they still have some spaces left on the ferry so any1 else have a last minute change of mind and wanna come, click the speedferry link and book up!

All's good for now! and lets get this walkie talkie thing sorted!

Guest vwsyncro

can anyone got sort me room for the night before ? so i can be in the south ' date='would save me a 3hour drive before the long drive..

[/quote']

well you could sleep over at my place, lol,

but the trip back to dover would be a problem