My Project Car - 205 gti 1.6

Hi All,

I have just aquired a project car to keep me occupied at the weekends and to bring out the madman in me! :)

Its a 205 gti 1.6, not in bad nick actually, and starts 1st time! and shes quite nippy, but no TAX or MOT.

The downside is she has a blowing exhuast manifold, and a leaking break fluid reservior....but its going to be fixed soon.

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with these cars, and have any ideas for some cheap effective mods to make her a bit quicker?

Thanks in advance

Matt

One of my mates also put the MI 16 engine into his and it was very quick, but aren't you best starting off with the 1.9 as the base car? I had a 1.6 205 years ago and I'm sure the only run drum brakes at the back etc, but I could be wrong. Good fun (but flimsy) cars to drive!

driil the air box and make sure the vac pipe from the distributor isn´t leaky/broken/not attatched properly. good little cars the 205, definately fun to throw around. i used to have a 1.4 xs when i just passed my test and my bf had a 1.9 gti, a fresh oil change worked wonders in both cases.

enjoy,

(@)

Cheers everyone,

I got her for next to nothing, and i relalise the a 1.9 would be much better for the MI conversion, il get her up to shape in standard form and then see if she is worth of the MI engine!

Inngham - Cheers mate, I may well PM you soon as i am after a exhaust manifold and some 1.9 alloys maybe.... :)