hi guys just joined the forum, been lurking around for years but never joined as never kept a vr6 longer than 6months lol

Ive been through 5 vr6's in the past 10 years but just did mostly cosmetic changes, coilovers, always had the 15" bbs alloys hated anything else, no body mods i kept it oem as possible tbh, but i always had to find a set of morette healights lol

so now im hoping to finally purchase a clean vr6, body work etc not a problem once the engine and gearbox is solid im happy, as bodywork can be changed or fixed etc. 

so power mods would be simple at first exhaust system de cat, CAI, platinum plugs, coilovers, brakes, remapp and then weight reduction including poly-carbonate windows.

finally i will be looking to supercharge it as im not wanting loads of power but just enough to keep up with the big boy germans, not to mention traction issues with it just being front wheel drive. also with the weight reduction i should be close enough with the power to weight ratio. 

so yeh not looking for crazy power or silly mods just oem looks oem practicality i.e. driveability and comfort.

so this will be my last vr6 i purchase as this one will have a lot of love a care put into it, ive even built a shed to store it lol, so yeh it may seem weird but ive always been a big fan but never really kept one long enough to realy enjoy and cherish it and hopefully one day i will pass this one down to the kids lol.

thanks for reading and will start a build thread once i purchase one. 

Carter.

Yeh I've tried both but nothing for me because I'm looking at the couple of hundred range, because I want it my spec so a lot of money will be going into it to make it perfect.

Thanks vr6cabbs and rust can always be cut out and replaced that's not an issue it's just trying to find a mechanically sound one that hasn't been abused. And I will ask if anything does pop up thanks much appreciated.

Right guys didn't want to jinx anything because I didn't know if I was going to get it or not but, I messaged Ben (beuude) yesterday who had the blue 97 up for sale and I thought I was too late but he gave me a call this morning and I'm now back with a blue 97 vr6 lol.

Engine gearbox sweet got me back to Leeds no problem 90miles journey so was a good test for speed and long runs to check any issues, but so far perfect.

The work will commence as soon as I get rid of my ibiza 130pd and 3 sets of alloys as there just sat around doing nothing and not being driven. So when they go that will fund my build as I will have more time to put into it as well.

Cheers bud and yeh hahaha dubs is the only way I say.

Will do soon as I start work as the beast is sleeping in his new house for now and may be hibernating for a while....

"Just Dubs" & "Authentic Dubs" are two groups based in Leeds that hold quite large monthly meets.  I am keen to get a few more VR6oc members present and I will be hosting a stand at their annual show next year....  Hopefully we can manage the "Best Club Stand" Trophey!!

Keep us updated!

• 2 months later...

hi quick update,

dont know if any of you noticed ebay had a birthday and they gave everyone 20% off so i decided right time to get some things i needed at a very cheap price, so fk ak coilovers got them for £124 brand new from dpm ebay as they already had theres discounted at £155 compared to others at £160 for jom and i think £170 for fk ak. i then got the direnza exhuast for same price give or take couple quid, which was perfect as i had that exhaust previously not fiited by me but previous owner but was perfect for performance, but i will be cutting off the oval slash jap cut tip and using a more suitable toned twin tip inward rolled. 

so yeh made some great purchases but havnt even started the car or seen it since buying it, it went straight into the storage lol

so work will comence once i sell my ibiza pd130 which is for sale in the for sale section, as once this is gone i will have spare funds for the vr6 project and a build thread will be made.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hey guys so quick update started the vr6 today for the first time since i purchased it, and with the help of some jump leads it started up first time very clean and smooth no issues at all which i was pleasantly surprised and shocked, because was expecting something negative but nope 4 months it has been sat for plus i think 3 weeks with the previous owner so 5 months and no issues on the first startup.

the reason for starting it up is i took it for mot and it actually passed just rear number plate light which was changed there and then and discs are getting rusty but these will get changed as there only advisory. but was very suprised first stratup perfect then passed its mot straight away im just speechless but very happy indeed.

so now the fun begins time to start a build thread but need to order a decat pipe first as i want to start under the car before putting the coilovers on.

i also want a leather interior which i cant really find for a good price in good condition with n work needed.