paulyDMX
Members-
Content Count
8 -
Joined
-
Last visited
About paulyDMX
-
Rank
Newbie
Profile Information
-
Location
Deal, Kent
-
Boy Racer - it's 22 miles from Dover to Calais. It's more like 1hr20 by ferry, so long as the weather's good and they've taken enough money through the tills in the duty free shop.
-
Hello all - don't know if this has been mentioned or not already but: Speed Ferries have just had their boat Speed One detained by the port authorities in Boulogne becausse they owe them a shed load of cash. Even if they get it back, they also owe Dover Harbour Board a stack load too, so doubt they'll exist by April 09. 2nd - P&O sail to Calais, not Dunkirk. If you want to go to Dunk then you need Norfolk Line. It takes about 35 minutes longer, but gets you a bit further along the French coast. The Tunnel is by far the quickest, but no guarantee it'll be fully operational again by then
-
I work for British Immigration - we had a German girl through our port the other day called Fanny Klenner
-
Cheers fellas - not sure on future plans for it yet. Currently trying to sort out the rattles and squeaks from the interior.
-
Well - after looking at about 6 or 7 different 4motions, I finally got one: Stuff you can't see from this photo - 2000 X heated leather Recarros, R32 interior trim (no walnut) including gear knob, Polo rear wiper, Anni rear spoiler, "privacy" glass all round - 62k and managed 33mpg on the trip home!
-
Nice one - cheers. I'm going to look at one on Saturday - no Recaro's, but only 47k on the tax cheap x reg too!!
-
I currently own a mk2 8V GTI - as it's becoming more unreliable and I'm having to drive more miles to/from work I've been looking into getting something newer. The other half's got a mk4 GTI but it's the 2.0 one and while it's nice to drive etc, I think I want something with a bit more er balls. Going to look at a Y reg 4 motion next week - never been in one or even seen one being driven anything but sensibly. What's the general concesus? Good points / bad points? What should I be looking out for?
