Alarm problem. Car won't open :-(

I have a Clifford Concept300

Never had a problem with it until now.

Yesterday it started playing up and would not unlock. It was very intermittant and eventually it worked and out I went and locked and unlocked several times going from place to place.

Today I have the same problem except it won't open full stop :-(

I have been out and changed the battery in the fob but still no luck.

I don't have a second fob as the contacts inside were worn out and it is unusable.

I have opened this fob up and it still looks brand new inside !

I am thinking it might have something to do with the heat as the car is sat in full sunlight and is red hot. This is the only thing I can think of. I will try again when the sun goes down and the car cools down.

Any ideas?

Mark.

hi mark i got mine off ebay for 8 quid. Mine was a arrow not a clifford. Still easy tho.

Turn ignition on

You need to put the car in valet mode on the remote. Then press and hold the star button on the plain view switch (one inside the car) hold for about 3 seconds until u hear a chirp. then release.

Then press and release the button in the car with no star u should hear 1 chirp. then press and release the button with the star. u should hear another chirp.

Now press the unlock button on the new remote. should hear 1 chirp. press again and should be done.

is that like ya keyfob as there are several types??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CLIFFORD-3-BUTTON-REMOTE-ALARM-KEY-FOB-BLIP_W0QQitemZ320010445939QQihZ011QQcategoryZ75329QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Not mine.

Slightly different to that. Can't see mine on there at presant. Will keep an eye out though now I know !

Never knew they sold so cheap ! I was expecting to pay £40 ! or more :-)

Sounds fairly easy to programme the new fob. I have the instruction book still with instructions so hopefully I will be ok.

Thanks very much for the help !

Mark.