Might be a touchy subject this.......

Is it me, or is the VW world becoming more and more small minded???

I was at NR this week, and I noticed a few non vag cars rolling around, a Nova, and Lotus, a Corvette, a couple of others, and even though some of these cars where very tidy, and effort had gone into them, most people ignored them.

Why????

People put just as much effort into there cars as the rest of us, so why do some dubbers seem to hold this false belife that if the car coming through the gates isn't a VW its not worth looking at???

What really annoys me is that when I sell up and go Jap in a few months time, I won't be welcome at meets like NR because I drive a car that doesn't conform........

Rant over.

I agree, I have mates with non-Vw cars and they dont really like driving to meets I go to as you here people going 'Whats that doing here' or 'ha ha whats a cossie doing at a german meet' when all you've done is pull up into a car park etc - its not like everyones paid to see something specific. This kind of thing actually puts me off going places as it p*sses me off that people are gonna be putting people cars down for no real reason - takes the fun outof it sometimes.

I like all cars Im not just blinkered to Vw's but it seems that as a whole that your right - I hope that all makes sense as it was rushed, I was just leaving :)

i know wot ur sayin dude,if it aint vw it just dont fit! i fink it stinks,i got friends wiv lovely non vag motors that r amazin,500bhp skylines,2.0l 16v novas,v fast pulsar gti-rs etc & i fink they all top notch! know sum1 wiv a nova that does a 14 sec 1/4 miles,that would leave most vr's 4 dead,dont sound as sexy as mine though :)

It is true to an extent but not ALL vw owners think that way i like a fair few non VWs, only owned vws tho.... i think there is too much politics in the scene

Thing is if the tables where turned and VWs showed up at Japfest or toyota meet ,would they feel the same????

i went to the recaro tuning show at the hockenheim ring this weekend and i have to say, people seem alot more open minded over here. there were vw crews walking round looking at opels and bmw guys hanging with nissan guys, it was so friendly.

i think it´s the same with any groups though, my bf has a nissan 200sx which is lovely and i often join him to jap meets, but noone there is interested in vws. with a little effort you can really get into looking round all the different cars, even though all i know is vw, it´s still interesting and i don´t understand anyone who doesn´t give respect to a fellow car enthusiast.

...unless they are a misguided chav in a 1.2 corsa thats claiming it´ll beat an sri because he puts his seats down!

what jap car are you going for steve? i´d like an s15 myself if i had some more money (i´d still keep the vr too though coz i´m greedy!)

(@)

I like all cars !

But what I will say is that if I go to a VW show I want to see VW's.

If i go to a Jap show I want to see all the Skylines, evo's etc.....

What I don't like is going to a VW show and seeing Evo's, cossies etc...... I came to see VW's no?

Mark.

What really annoys me is that when I sell up and go Jap in a few months time' date=' I won't be welcome at meets like NR because I drive a car that doesn't conform........

Rant over.

[/quote']

Totally agree with you mate.

By the way what Jap car you thinking of getting Steve?

At the moment I'm looking at 200sx S14a.

Easily tunable to 300bhp, and as its going to be my first RWD car I don't want something that might prove to much of a handful.

I'd love a skyline, but I would wrap it round a tree within an hour of buying it.

TBH, i'm not going to make a fuss over cars I have absolutely no interest in whatsoever. There's far too many people who play the "blinkered" card just because people who are into VW's don't really care about most other brands. It's pretty much like labelling someone a racist for not liking rap music.

People like different things, it's really that simple.

DId any Jap cars show up to NO-RICE that would be funny (cus of the name of the club)

Anni is that the 200sx that looks like touring one? later model? obvously the turbo?

Yeah some Jap stuff has been known to show up' date=' but you get the usual 'tards shouting "NO RICE" accross the car park etc.

Its the one that looks like this:

[img']http://www.rileymclaren.co.uk/200sx/SteveD200sx.jpg

:S Im split on this........ :-|

I can understand Steve & Seademon is coming from &

I can understand where Earwig is coming from.

Been to All Types of VW meet last year, we did not see

any other car than a VW. Fantastic (h) felt good to be a VW owner.

Been to many Jct29 meets and anyone that went last year will

know they have clashed with various over meets such as Ford focus and a Model Ford T's meet.

This was as positive thing,

one end of the car park VW's the other end Fords.

Families in the pub & beer garden would be entertained and would

come out and hav a look at the polished up cars and ask questions.

As a group we would show respect and mix with them,

its nice to meet other people as well as their looked after cars.

I'm a people person more than a car person.

Sadly its the small minded ones who take the piss out of other cars and owners cannot communicate in any other way?

We did turn up at 'Club Lotus' meet in 2002 by accident

at a Hotel for the weekend, we mixed and was made very welcome by the Club. Their chairman, made us members FOC. (h) They have an annual meet every year at a random Hotel in the country and we always get asked to go along. :-# Think its me for the entertainment :$

:o there again I would not go out of my way of turning up to a

Nova or Ford meet in my VR? Would You?

I would love to see more mixed car shopws where you can bring anything you like.

The only problem I see with shows like this is they will be full of ChavMobiles :-(

I suppose I don't mind seeing other cars at shows as long as the BULK of them are in keeping with the show that I am going to.

Like at Bristol VolksFest.....

They had the Lowriders there.....

Not one of them was a Dub but it at least gave something a little different.

The good thing was that 95% of the cars were Dubs.

What I don't want to do is go to a Dub show and have 25% VW, 25% Jap, 25% Ford, 25% Vuaxhall etc........

Mark.

I think everyones opinions are valid here. I don't have a problem with seeing non-dubs at 'dub shows, as long it is just a few. After all, that is why there are mixed car events. If you go to a VW show, surely you wanna see VW's, right?

There is no need for negative vibes though at all. I mean, we're all in to cars so everyone should have a mutual respect for each other and each car, no matter what it is. But i guess you can never completely stop d*ckheads going to shows!

I'm pretty sure it generally depends on which show u actually go to. IE Bugjam is shed loads dif to say GTI Spring fest. Alot more mellow and nething goes. But if ur after a dub show go a dub show. If ur after variety go redline rumble.

Personally I've never had any small minded funny business going on. We had an Evo and a 1.6 (I think) on our stand @ GTI Summer fest. It was great!! It not about the car peeps drive, it's about who they are. Sadly, sum of em turn out to b numpties but oh well

I go to VW shows to see modded VAG cars (Audis, Seats as well as Dubs) but have no problem with seeing other cars there if they're worth looking at. Up until 4 years ago, I was into Fords, Vauxhalls & Beemers anyway.

For shows with track-based events, the more other cars the better! Mega-tuned Golfs going up against M3s, Skylines & Evos = big entertainment!!

In my post I didnt mean shows because obviously if your paying to go to a VW only show etc thats what you expect to see and not much else. Im talking about pub meets & things like No Rice etc etc - too many twats about, I prefer mixed shows myself because they seem a lot more liberal.