Does anyone have any knowledge of the the +ve and -ve on the original VW cabling for a 1993 VR6 Golf? I have nearly completed the installation of infinity components but want to try and get the +ve and -ve the right way round. Stealers and stereo stealers won't tell me!

Cables are as follows@

Front Left Tweeter - 2 sets of cables:

Brown/yellow and Red

Brown/White and Red/White

Front Right Tweeter - 2 sets of cables

Blue and Red/Brown

Black and Brown/Blue

Rear Mids/Woofers

Brown

Blue Green

The rest I have pretty much worked out and will post my guide to the installation.

Be good to hear from any one who knows bout the polarity ASAP.

Ta.

Hmm - not looking to promising then!! I have got two sets of Infinity 6510 Reference off the Bay for £60 a pair. Initial rig up they seem to sound OK. I'll also be using a little dynamat to deaden things up and improve bass tautness. Still want to hear from anyone who knows the vodoo behind the speaker coding thou.

Cheers for advice. This evening spotted the bleedin obvious - very, very very small =ve and -ve markings in the original speakers hidden at the bottom of the VW clip in sockets on the mids/bass cones. So at least part of the puzzle solved. :)

Rear Mids/Woofers

Brown = -ve feed

Blue Green = +ve feed

Front mids/woofers

Brown/Blue = -ve feed

Blue/Light blue = +ve feed

Now I've just got to work out the fronts and how the feck I wire in the cross overs using the existing cable and which bits go where. Door card came off easy thou...... *-)

6510s sound very good in the rear - a lot tighter than the VW originals. Still though bit like Riggs I am a bit dissapointed. On very bassey staff they still sound a bit fluffy and broken up. Hmm - see how the fronts sound.

Cheers

• 3 months later...

Riggsy

Finally got round to changing the head unit and got a Blaupunkt Casablanca 54 half price from bluespot. Sound is now awesome. The Infinities just need a decent head unit to drive them which was what the supplier said when I was dissapointed in the final sound.

My previous vr had infinity reference components all round and sounded ok with a sony and jvc head unit, now i'm runnin Audiobahn throughout with a kenwood, and it sounds awsome! IMO Infinity Reference are ok, Infinity kappa & Audiobahn are awsome provided the head unit and amps and leads can provide enuf power!!