Small blow on my 6 branch. How much power could I potentially lose?

Hi

Seems I have a slight blow in my stainless 6 branch (only 7 months after having it fitted). Not a huge blow ...an audiable noise when cold which tends to get quieter when the engine heats up. My power hasn't been quite as strong as it should... is this normal to lose a tiny bit of power?

How much of a difference will my car feel after having the blow fixed.. will it pull noticably harder?

Getting my exhaust looked at by The Phirm in a week.

Cheers for any help.

Cheers ... When I described it on the phone to Tim he thought it could well be a blow. And when Ian drove it he thought it had a slight blow. However wont know until its been properly looked at. If it is indeed a blow is it normal to experience slight power loss?

Thanks for any help.

Yeah slight, but not the the extent ian described to me when we where talking about your car on wednesday. From what he said your car pulls like a train mid range then runs out of pull at the top.

TBH mate my money is on the map, not the exhaust.....maybe partly down to your previous timing issues.

Steve could be right about the map. I thought it could possibly the map too - if it wasn't a blow. However when I had my mapping done my peak power was at 5800rpm which I assume is average? So it shouldn't really drop off any lower. Tims going to test drive my car too to see what he thinks

You've already been told by someone else, your peak bhp isn't relevent, your power will tail off where you peak lb.ft is, so you need to look at the figures vince gave you and work out if its tailing off where the print out says it does.

Thanks guys. I'll try and scan my graph tomorrow and get it online. Is there a free photo hosting site I can use?

Where if any in the rev range would a blow affect?

If it does turn out to be a problem with my map I will have to ring Vince to get him to rectify it sometime soon.

Thats what I thought. However I'll get Tim and/or Ian to drive it again and see if they think theres any abnormal power drop. I have to highlight I did have my car overheat recently with a stuck thermostat. This was after my remap. Thankfully it was all fixed by The Phirm who did a great job however when my car was taken for a test drive afterwards it was then when Ian commented it seemed to lose power at 5000 revs and seemd to have less power than the last time he drove it. So something may have changed or been damaged as a result of the car overheating. My car hasn't lost any coolant at all, no smoke etc. Could something have changed or been damaged? If so how could it be sorted?

Thanks for any help.

Personally' date=' if someone test driving my car told me the power was dropping past 5000rpm, my immediate thought would be "what the f*ck are you doing driving my car at 5000rpm?"

[/quote']

If matt asks them to test drive the car to investigate a power drop what do you expect him to do?? Drive it to 3k like a granny??? The Phirm know what there doing, if they break it i'm sure they'd fix it.