My car being Smoothed-Inc Pics.

Well my car has been in the bodyshop for around a week now and as you can see (If the links work !) It's having some more work done to it. :)

Side repeaters have been taken out along with the roof ariel and the washer jets and rear seams.

Washer jets have been re-locoted to the wiper tray and have been swapped for some small stalks from a Volvo 440. They seem to work pretty well and are just the right hieght :-)

Rust has been taken from the rear arches as they bubbled like most MK3's

Still to be fitted are Standard wing mirrors and Mk3 rear Handles to remove the locks. Rubbed down by me might I add ! ! (My only grafting in all this !) +o(

Front screen is out because the last screen was fitted poorly and water got underneath and started to bubble along the roofline :o

Hopefully I will get it back next week but if not I will have it in time for Bristol show !

12ws.jpg

20kf.jpg

34lh1.jpg

42zq.jpg

59wu.jpg

66yp.jpg

70nb1.jpg

84st.jpg

90vy.jpg

103ws.jpg

115bd.jpg

127tx.jpg

134wz.jpg

Thnkas guys :-)

The guy who was going to do my Manifold wants about £200 for doing it !

Needless to say I said no. I got to get the kit to do it myself now, hopefully in time for GTI international. It will not be done for Bristol though but never mind can't complain to much hehe.

Just hate being without a car............

Mark

Thnkas guys :-)

The guy who was going to do my Manifold wants about £200 for doing it !

Needless to say I said no. I got to get the kit to do it myself now' date=' hopefully in time for GTI international. It will not be done for Bristol though but never mind can't complain to much hehe.

Just hate being without a car............

Mark

[/quote']

Looking good mate.

What are you having done to the manifold for £200??? Mirror polish and chromed manifolds only go for about £175!

Looking good mate.

What are you having done to the manifold for £200??? Mirror polish and chromed manifolds only go for about £175!

Not doing anything to the manifold.

I bought a Manifold complete with throttle body from ebay for £42 and I was going to polish it up myself and then replace the one I have on my car with it.

My dad knows somebody that does this sort of thing for fun but he asked £200 for it ! !

So I have now bought some wheels and stuff myself and am smoothing it all myself. All the rough casting is off just got the hard work to do now :-(

@B6MFD The wiper is en route m8 :-) Again sorry it took so long. Hehe, still not even put cheque in either.......To lazy I guess :-)