VR6 Highline vs Leon Cupra 'R' ...........

.... no i'm not a boy racer (far too old for that now) and normally take it pretty steady - last night i ended up trying to keep up with a cupra 'r' which i must admit was marginally pulling away (to be expected for 225 bhp car 7 years younger !) from the lights up an incline - after a while i started gaining on it (once doing about 90+ (private road of course !) - obviously he may have eased off though i've found it hard to find any suitable mid-range figures to compare - anyone got any ideas ?

by the way i dont care that the cupra is a faster car - its just for interest !

if urs is standerd the leon is quicker all the way through the rev range however mines got similer bhp with a bit less torque and weighs less low down the turbo wins upto about 3500 rpm but after that mine is quicker than a standard leon (i know i tested it) but then u coud always chip the leon and end all doubt hehe

ive had a run in with one on the motorway and was quite surprised i could keep up all though he was pulling away slightly... and i really had to make perfect shifts...

We then both came off the motorway and got to some lights. Both floored it and i managed to gain quite a lot of ground on him...