Black 5 Door Highline -Supercharged-August '08 - FOR SALE!

keep the tt's

I will be keeping them for the winter. As much as I love my TT Comps, I've had them on the car for over 2 years and fancy a change for the summer, especially the shows. The RC's won't look like they do in the pic though ;) Refurb complete and tyres ready to be fitted

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shabby is an understatement mate. I nearly had second thoughts when I went to get them but as I was getting them cut I guessed they would come out looking alright. Definately going for the silver centres. A lot of grief getting them done though as they had corroded really badly. Can't wait to get the wheels on the car. Should be a pleasant change from my TT Compage. Also going to be sitting a bit more comfortably up front, like you Mike ;)

i had mine delivered to me at teh price i told you! they should lok really nice, the out part of my centre caps were ruined so had tehm painted normal silver notas good tho...

sitting comfy aye! you really are copyin my style lol! ;)

sitting comfy aye! you really are copyin my style lol! ;)

Gots to be done mate. Been after a set since I first set eyes on a Black CC interior and they've come up at the right time. No more banging my head against the window or sitting on the passengers lap going round corners ;) . lol

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome this car really! I quite fancie the bonnet' date=' can I ask where you got the idea from??

[/quote']

Thanks.

I wanted to change the front of the car just to be a bit different but not spoil the looks of the car.. Bad boy bonnet was never an option for me. I toyed with the idea of a Vento front but as much as I liked that idea, I wanted a subltle change. I had an idea of what I wanted it to look like so using a picture taken at Inters a couple of years ago, I went into paint on my PC and did a mock up of the squared off front, by continuing the lower edge of the bonnet across to the wings. Similar to the stick on eyebrow look but permanent and with wing extensions. It looked good on paper but I wasn't sure how the finished item would look. I showed my edited pic to the guy at the bodyshop and he said it was possible and that was it.

So to answer your question, it came totally off the top of my head and I haven't seen another MK 3 with the exact same thing done......yet...... ;)

Kevin

After years of searching (two) I finally got my hands on a pair of black Colour Concept Recaros. They should have been fitted as standard imo for the money that VR's (Highlines in particular) cost new.

1216428708_3494_FT119591_kevinbbswheels030_.jpg

1216428708_3494_FT119591_kevinbbswheels028_.jpg

Who said Supercharge it? Watch this space...............

1216429252_3494_FT119591_london_volksfest_2008_023_.jpg

Very original! Anni's look good but the TT comps look awesome! Are you keping the tt's for winter??

Thats the idea at the moment mate but winter will come around and go and the RC's will probably still be on. I'm defiantely going to get the TT Comps refubished first though as the lacquer has lifted quite badly on one of them and they have been kerbed slighty but not by me of course ;)

Where abouts in North London are you? I'm often up that way.........

Kevin

And i was running my missus' chipped vr!!!

i must say it did go well !

from the view i got it went very well

so what bhp would that have ?

I reckon about 190ish with no rev limiter either.......i can take it to 7k in every gear!!!

Very original! Anni's look good but the TT comps look awesome! Are you keping the tt's for winter??

Thats the idea at the moment mate but winter will come around and go and the RC's will probably still be on. I'm defiantely going to get the TT Comps refubished first though as the lacquer has lifted quite badly on one of them and they have been kerbed slighty but not by me of course ;)

Where abouts in North London are you? I'm often up that way.........

Kevin

Hello Kevin

I am in barnet. Pop by if you are around. N20 area. Give me a call 07967336394 before you come down.

Regards

Yaseen