Car runs fine from start up, and for a good minute or so, even when booting it. but then, it feels like it's running on 5 cylinders (but not quite). It just feels flat and juddery. But when you only give it part throttle, it's OK. I fI cruise steadily for a while, then boot it, it'lll go alright, but then it'll judder again.

I'm thinking it's realted to fuel delivery?

The pump was whining it's bag off about a month ago too.

its worth checking your injectors too mate ,also fuel filter cos if its getting blocked it will put more strain on pump and make it whine too.im not saying its not the pump cos it could well be but id check the others 1st cos they are a lot cheaper and easier to replace.

Well after reading your original thread a little better i can think ov numerous other things that could possibly cause your probs your best bet would be to get vag fault finder on it if you havnt already cos you could end up spending loads ,personally im not convinced on pump though ive only known em to die but like i said earlier im not saying that its not the pump just i would get car diagnosed before lashing out for new pump.

Not sure if this applies to the vr's but on the mk2 gti you have a lift pump in the tank and a fuel pump under the boot.....ive had the lift pump go on mine before....it will starve the main pump giving the impression it is failing....the in tank pump is a lot cheaper to replace...just a thought :)