Where can i get a set of these??? been looking all over the internet and cant find any.Theres some 2nd hand ones on e-bay but they need a re-furb.Is there any online shops i can use to check some out.Also want some mk4 clear looking headlights,k+n panel,some springs and a nice stainless exhaust.

Advanced thanks

ian ;)

Hi.

I got mine without tyres from the Bay back in November, £200 but had to pick them up. They need a refurb as the outer edges are a bit scuffed but I couldn't wait any longer and fitted them soon after lowering the car. There are loads of posts on here regarding suspension. It all depends on whether you want adjustable height and damping, coilovers or spring/shock and also your budget. Check out some of my threads regarding the G-Max suspension kit. You may want to factor the price of rolling your arches into the equation if like me you get a bit of tyre rub, even though many have said they wouldn't rub.

Exhaust wise, I was looking at a Jetex SS system as they are quite subtle in note. I ended up with a s/hand Miltek cat back system which I picked up for £100 ;) Its a bit louder than the Miltek but it sounds lovely when you open it up. :)

Not sure about panel filters, but I'm sure someone can recommend one. K&N maybe?

Kevin

Keep your eye on eBay for the TT Comps and forum classifides. That's where I got mine for £225. They came of a wrecked TT and have been refurbed to as good as new.

As for the other bits try C&R Enterprises, GSF, Eurocarparts, Tuning Werkes, Big Boys Toys, Awesome GTi or Vemon Motorsport to name but a few.

Yeah dude - keep an eye on ebay there are some on there already - type audi TT alloys and search the pages. Funnily enough i'm also considering suspension options

Guys I feel well gutted as I have just bought some mirror polished TT Comps with part worn 205/40/17 tyres for £350

Thought that was a bargain till I seen all your prices :-(

Can I use my original VR wheel bolts on these TT Comps? when fitting

Yeah dude - keep an eye on ebay there are some on there already - type audi TT alloys and search the pages. Funnily enough i'm also considering suspension options

Guys I feel well gutted as I have just bought some mirror polished TT Comps with part worn 205/40/17 tyres for £350

Thought that was a bargain till I seen all your prices :-(

Can I use my original VR wheel bolts on these TT Comps? when fitting

Standard wheel bolts are fine just make sure you get some decent locking bolts. The VW "Spline" type that come with the car are crap imo. The guys at the tyre shop told me that he gets loads of people asking where they can get TT comps. quite sought after by the sounds of it :)

If they are mirror polished thats not so bad m8. Mine are not but I prefer them a little less bling with a coat of laquer ;)

Also as a previous tread on here mentions, you will need to reshape the rear bearing cap as the Audi centre will not fit flush. Just give the cap a few taps with a hammer and the centre should just fit.

Kevin

Just been on eBay, only found 1 set with a starting bid of £300.

B19VEW - don't be disappointed by the price I paid (2 years ago) as they were mashed and have had a full refurb to new for another £250 and they had the original TT tyres on which were too big. They are still not on the car as I have never quite has the spare cash to get the tyres! :-(

Cheers guys I dont feel so bad now. I shall deffo give the bearing covers a good tap so that the wheels fit.

The wheels are the genuine TT polished/laquered finish so for me just the right bling -and not tooooo mirror finished

I have some Macguard lock nuts that were used on my BBS rims on my MK2 golf - would you guys say they should fit?

VR6Steve - I have some numbers of people that could get you 4x Toyo T1-S 205/40/17 for £225 delivered or if you live round this way (middlesex) then £250 supplied/fitted

Ian - I have the Pipercross panel filter on mine - cant really notice the difference between this and the paper one, but anything that helps airflow gets my thumbs up. For induction kits though - I have pretty much concluded that the heat sucked into the engine as a result of the induction kit is not worth it although the sound is TOPS ;) (in my opinion from having had an induction kit for 5 years) panel filters are fine

Cheers guys I dont feel so bad now. I shall deffo give the bearing covers a good tap so that the wheels fit.

I have some Macguard lock nuts that were used on my BBS rims on my MK2 golf - would you guys say they should fit?

The wheels will fit no matter what mate. :-d Its the centre caps on the rears that will stick out or fall out if you don't give the bearing caps a tap. "If in doubt, give it a clout" ;)

I think the threads on the MK 2 are different so be careful not to knacker the threads on the hubs. :o

Kevin

Cheers Jimbo99

Guys I am about to order some McGard locking nuts for the VR and TT Comps (£22.78 delivered) - I have been asked what shape the nuts are (no jokes please ;) ) Cone or radius?

Pictures of each are attached:

Cone

Cone.jpg

Radius

Radius.jpg

Which ones should I get peeps?