I fancy a 30mm drop and some 17's eventually but was wondering what springs you all use.I dont really want to put coilovers on as ill feel rabbit shit in the road and dont like it.Im too old now anyway.Most cars ive tinkered with have always had a standard shock and then an uprated spring...

Cheers guys

ian :)

Hi, i would say you might be better off getting a spring/shock kit rather than just the springs, if the shocks are getting on a bit they will most likely be shagged anyway. BTW i would consider replacing the bumpstops too, mine were absolutely mullered, wish i had changed them the first time i did the suspension :-(

Hi Ian

I went the G-Max route. The non adjustable Shock/Spring kit gives a 35-40mm drop. Comfortable ride and much better handling than standard even on 17's. I would also recommend changing both shocks and springs at the same time. It will save you having to go through the process of doing it all over somewhere down the line especially if they've been on for some time. There was and advice in the kit I fitted saying to cut at least 20mm of the bump stops so i did but only on the fronts :S . The front top mounts may also need replacing as the bearings in them have a tendancy to go.

Kevin