At last, having modified my last VR beyond repair in January (Deer oh Deer In Crashed VR's) I've managed to lay my hands on a mint 3 door flash red P plater with 65,000 miles on the clock! It took a while to find a good one and i'm pretty happy with this one. Just having wheel barings done at the mo then i'll post some pics when i get the chance to clean her.

Here's some pix. They're not that good as they're taken on my phone so the colours wierd but you get the idea. The suspensions sorted and i think i'm going to keep mods subtle as i really like the car as is so probably some FK angel eyes, Crystal indicators and fogs some sort of induction and s/s zorst and maybe some polo door handles. What do ya rekon?

DSC01068.jpg

DSC01079.jpg

DSC01078.jpg

DSC01085.jpg

DSC01086.jpg

At last' date=' having modified my last VR beyond repair in January (Deer oh Deer In Crashed VR's) I've managed to lay my hands on a mint 3 door flash red P plater with 65,000 miles on the clock! It took a while to find a good one and i'm pretty happy with this one. Just having wheel barings done at the mo then i'll post some pics when i get the chance to clean her.

[/quote']

Your mileage is nearly the same as mine at 64,500. Was 44,000 when I bought it though (4 years ago this month).

Jon ;)

GolfVR6012small.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I would guess that its lowered about 40mm mate but im not sure as the previous owner had it lowered and theres no documents or receipts re the suspention. I really like the height of it though i think its just low enough. The better suspention setup improves the handling of the car no end as my old vr was running standard suspention which was actually quite scary at times

Thanks guys, unfortunately due to being a poor poor student, i've run out of money and cant afford any mods at the moment so im going to have to keep her as she is until i can get a job. Really want an induction kit and some FK angel eyes but i'll have to wait. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a good induction kit to get? i've been looking at the Ramair pro. Is that any good?

looking good there big pete :)

the ramair pro is a great induction kit, i also really rate the cone pipercross i got for mine. i too am a poor student (lol at students driving vr6´s an complaining we have no money!), so to economise i made a heat shield which i bolted to where the box was and ran a cold air feed to it! works hella well!

kat :)