Right, if you don't know... I've bought a VW Corrado VR6..

It obviously has the 2.9 engine and is VERY healthy and suprisingly feels different to any of the standard VR6 Golf's I've driven.. Didn't think they'd be any!

Well,what I'd like is some info on my purchase, not wanting to hear anything on the car, just the engine..

Please can you tell me the spec of it and anything and everything you know about it please...

Its an 1994 L-reg car, OBD1 im guessing, if they do different variations on the corrado's...

Also, are there anything to listen out for and look for...

Well i place my heard near to where the timing chain is, i hear a slight noise, but im guessin its normal to hear a SLIGHT noise from that area... upon test drive and reving/idling, no loud noise are heard so im presuming all is good, considering the car has been fully maintained by VW, not like that says much now-a-daays..

Im going to be buying samco hoses... I know their is a difference between the hoses that go to the corrado radiatior over the golf one, but im buying a golf rad which requires the golf hoses... so would buying Golf mk3 samco's be suitable?

Shame i missed Phat's group buy

[ Edited ]

well, you need to separate the box from the engine to do the runners, so you may as well do the whole lot. think the parts come to about a £100...needs doin around 100k really (and i believe your engine is coming from a 107k car), so nows the time to do it. when the engines out.

havin said that, i'm playin russion ruellette (sp?) with mine...one of the runners is damaged but i simply can't afford to fix it at the mo.