ibiza vr6 wirring problems!!!!!

have been trying to wire up my ibiza today using the vr6 engine loom and the ibiza loom for the lights etc.

i havent had a wirring diagram of the ecu terminals to hand today which hasnt helped my mate with the wirring. we have got the vr6 engine loom into the car plugged it all in to the engine and pluged 3 big white connecters into the ibiza fusebox.

engine turns over and the fuel pump works but we have no spark and ended up going round in circles!!!! carl from this website suggested to get a 109 relay which unfortuantly hasnt solved it!!

does anybody have any ideas???? (apparently its very simular to doing it on a mk2 golf)

there are a few wires with connectors on them which arnt plugged into any thing in or arround the fusebox. from ecu these are:

pin No. 54,8,7,37and 39

wire colours white/yellow, red/yellow, black/red, brown/red, green and blue/red.

there is also a spare plug in the engine bay which i cant seem to find were it goes. its a two pin plug with a black/red cable and a black/blue cable. Its located in the loom on the passengers side of the engine!!!

another thing that i have found is a connecter with a piece of wire taped linking the two terminals together which we thort could be to avoid the fuel pump turnning off when the car crashes, and due to the lowered suspension this might be activated when going down potholes etc!!!

any help would be very much appreicated

thanks liam

When we fitted the VR6 engine to my cabrio we had exactly the same symptoms and the same dangling red/yellow wire. Connecting this wire to permanent 12V live sorted it.

Obviously, though, I don't know whether you have EXACTLY the same problem that we did. Try it at your own risk!!!

As for the spare plug in the engine bay, have you checked whether it's for the reversing lights switch? The socket for this is located on top of the gearbox near where the shift cables connect. This one caught us out too. It ended up plugged into the windscreen washer pump!! !lol

ignore the green and blue/red one, thats for an air con connection, does the red/yellow wire have a little red plug on it? if so, this is the wire that tells the ECU the ignition has been turned on, take it to switched live.

the plug in the engine bay with the red/black and black/blue wires is the reverse light wiring

right ill check in the morning but i think they do have a red plug on it!!! wil this solve the spark issue?

as for the spare plug. where is this connection located? i have a connection on the gearbox about in the middle of where the driveshafts go but that already has a plug in it.

is there another??

thanks for your replys as i am well and truely stuck without them

also is there a place to plug in the red plug any where near the fuse box?

right ill check in the morning but i think they do have a red plug on it!!! wil this solve the spark issue?

Sounds like that's the kiddie. Try it on an ignition live first' date=' then if that doesn't work, a permanent live.

as for the spare plug. where is this connection located? i have a connection on the gearbox about in the middle of where the driveshafts go but that already has a plug in it.

That one is the 3-pin sensor for the speedometer. There should be another socket on the end of a black housing attached to the shift mechanism where the gearlever cables attach. It's near that big counterweight thing that moves when you change gear...