new rear disks and pads question???

as i work offshore my car sits for up to 2 weeks without moving this seems to have led to the rear disks corroding. they have corroded to the extent that it no longer dissapears after a bit of use.

it feels as if my rear brakes are not working would this be due to the disks being covered in rust or is it more likely the calipers are seized???

If it was just corrosion/rust i'd expect them to be noisy. More likely that your callipers have seized if they aren't working. Any response from your handbrake?

I had trouble with my mk2 - their rear calipers are unreliable, but I thought mk3's have a half decent reputation.

With the mk2 I just had to brake it *really* hard several times to get them unstuck. Sometimes they would stick on though, which was crap and just overheated them.

You can try this at a standstill. Just pretend you've come flying round a corner on a country road and there's a cow in the road ahead. Properly step on it - see if that makes a difference...

The rears dont do much braking at the best of times they normally are around 20-23% efficiency.

Does the handbrake stick on/off as its this part that normally siezes up?

Giving the pedal a good hard long press even sat still will/should help then go and give it a good long drive using the brake as much as you can.