ESURE WANTED £1400.............PRIVILEGE £359 ???????????? WORK THAT OUT

AFTER WATCHING TV ADS,

I DECIDED TO CALL THIS NEWISH COMPANY ESURE THE ONE WITH THE SILLY BLUE MOUSE, THEY QUOTED ME £1400 F/COMP UNDER 3000 MILES A YEAR,FULL CAT 1 ALARM/IMMOBILISER, GARAGED AT NIGHT, I'M 36, LIVE ON MY OWN PRIVATE ROAD,NOT EVEN BEING USED TO GO TO WORK IN, I HAVE NO POINTS,NO CONVICTIONS OF ANY DESCRIPTION,NO ACCIDENTS,NO ILLNESESS,ALSO HAVE TO USE 5 CARS AND A COMPANY CAR.........

PRIVILEGE £359............???????????????? SAME EXCESS, EVERYTHING.

BAZZ,,, I DID ASK THE QUESION AS THE OPERATOR TRIED TO GIVE ME A QUOTE NUMBER JUST INCASE I WANTED TO TAKE THE INSUARANCE OUT............WHAT????

I RANG THE RAC INSURANCE TODAY £315,,,,,,,THEN THEY COCKED IT UP AND SAID IT'LL NOW BE £500 AFTER SOME AJUSTSMENTS.....ADJUSTMENTS LIKE WHAT ??????? THEY COULDNT ANSWER ME.......WE'LL PHONE YOU BACK WAS THE ANSWER, THAT WAS NOW 9 HOURS AGO, MUPPETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

It's pretty straight forward really, any type of business will aim at certain types of customers, and Insurers are just the same. Some aim at everyday low-risk clients, such as Esure, so won't be competitive for a VR6...

Exactly i had the displeasure to work for Budget insurance many years ago. Basically if a company doesn't want to insure you it will price you out of the water, if they quote £2k to insure a car and you take the cover then they are the winners, if you don't then they are happy enough to let you slide... It works the other way too get a quote for a performance car from Adrian Flux and you get good price change mid year to a standard non performance run of the mill car and they will struggle to be competetive,,, try and work out insurance at your peril !!!!!!!!!!