Guest Anonymous�62.254.112.170

depends on your budget m8... but best coilovers in terms of quality and value are FK konigsports, theyre ride and height adjustable and cost about £500+vat

• 3 weeks later...

Im also after some help in this field. I want to lower my car but dont particularly want to spend £100's of pounds as it may soon become more of a weekend drive. (Company van may soon be a possibility).

Ive heard conflicting arguments as to wether springs only is a worthwhile option.

Basically I want to lower the car for looks and a bit of stiffness rather than all out cornering ability!

1. Is this a worthwhile road to go down?

2. If so, what kind of money should I expect to pay for them including fitting?

3. Any suggestions what type/manufacturer or where to go?

Thanks in advance for any help.

BTW apologies if this is 'jumping' on someone elses thread!

I wouldnt go for springs only... because the shorter stiffer springs wont be matched to the standard shocks meaning the ride will be awful and the shocks will wear out quicker (trust me I did it on my first gti!)

you can get uprated shocks and springs kits for as little as £150ish (raceland.co.uk) which will do the job, should cost about £50 to get em fitted...

dont expect too much though because you get what you pay for IMO

I chose the tinted hella`s,.......... thought about the crystal mk4 lights but didn?t think on a black car they looked as aggressive,

I did however looked at other makes of twin headlamp conversions but most of them didn?t look as good, that?s just my view on it anyway :)