Has anyone experienced their Vr smoking when revved hard?

Ive noticed that when i take the car to the redline i get a mass of smoke coming out the exhaust, ive played around with the car to see when it starts and if i take it to 5500rpm or above with smooth acceleration theirs nothing, but under heavy acceleration ie foot to the floor at around 5000rpm the car starts smoking, ive been told by the previous owner it may be a fueling problem and may just need setting up on a R/R although i have a printout from steaths rollers just before xmas and the cars running 189bhp with the help of ramair & jetex. The cars a 96N Highline with 118000miles and feels superb to drive no flatspots & very smooth a much better drive than my old 56000mile Vr6 with similer mods & only 178bhp, the cars had many new parts headgasket plugs leads and new oil recently and has full history up to present mileage has anyone any ideas as to what this can be??

Could be rings i'm afraid. I have posted many threads regarding my VR smoking. I initially thought it was guides and stem seals so had my head re-built. Three days later (read my old post) it started smoking really badly on the overrun and when I drove it over 4500rpm.

To cut a long story short I've now had my bottom end completely re-built and bored to 2.9 with forged pistons and its chuffin mental!!

I'd get a compression test done and this should show any nastys.

Can I ask what colour the smoke is?

Blue smoke bad, black soot is probably fueling.

TBH i couldn't tell you the colour as ive not been behind to see it properly as im driving, but at a guess id say its grey-black, ive got the mrs to rev the engine while im behind and theirs nothing at all, really strange. Like i said the car runs great and feels so much smother and stronger than my old Vr with half the mileage would a R/R tune show up any nasties?

You should be able to tell if it is greyish black smoke and if you are loosing any oil.

The smoke you are talking about could be over fueling but at high rpm mine was blow-by as the oil was being blown passed the oil and compression rings due to bore and piston ware.

Have a read of my post in a bit, i'm going to take some shots of my old pistons and post a little note.

I never drive hard when cold i always wait until the oil temp reads in the 80's on the computer.

Ive just got a mate to floor it from standing start and the smokes bluey grey im fearing the worst now, although like i said the car pulls all the way to the redline so smooth and the drive is superb, can it be just a case of setting it up properly on a R/R?