Removing wheelarch liners

I'm getting some contact between the plastic wheelarch liners in the front arches and my tyres, so they're going to have to come off.

I'm told this will require me to apply sealant to the inner arches to protect against rust etc. What is the best stuff to use? Does the entire inner arch (including the inside of the front wings) need to be covered?

Check with six appeal i think he might have done it on his car...?

I read this some where else the other day, maybe on E38 or ClubGTI and i think you will need to clean them out as they will be full of crud and then the whole inside will need treating with waxoil or something similar.

A good steam clean after removal, to remove any muck, as jahre said. A good drying out session, either stored away in a nice warm garage for a couple of days or carefully with a heat gun/hairdryer (carefull not to burn the paint)

And a good old waxoil should do the trick mate : )

Yep, removed mine and actually prefer it with out as you can keep the car nice and clean and the water/moisture doesn't sit and get trapped behind there. I went a bit excessive and took the wings off and cleaned it all down and re-sealed everything! Gave it a good coat of sealant and now its nice and easy to keep clean and no rubbing.

The only down side is that you do get more road noise and can hear the stones flying up in the inner wing!

Simon.