I was emailed by the previous keeper of my car over in London yesterday who tells me the DVLA over there has sent him a fine for unpaid taxed back dated to 1/12/05. I however purchased the vehicle before then and applied to register the car and tax it in Northern Ireland when the previous tax had expired on 1/12/2005.

I gave the DVLA a call to explain this and the girl claimed the previous owner had not informed then of the sale, I then told her that this wasnt true as he had handed the V5 to the DVLA and they had posted the thing to me!! do they have a habbit of posting of V5's to random strangers lol. So she tells me it will probably have to be settled in court..helpful!

All it would take is the DVLA swansea to contact the DVLNI to see the car was registered over here.

I have to laugh.

DVLA are a useless bunch of BEEP BEEP BEEP. I've have had my fair share of problems with them. And to top it all off there the most ignorant Gits going when your on the phone to them.

Usless pillocks to put it mildly.

You've only got to ask Mat aka Dubloke about the Fook up they made on the log book for the car i sold to his brother!

just tell them you have taken legal advice and wont be entertaining any of their old bollocks! they are useless a friend of mine got a log book through her door yesterday!! for FORD CALIBRA??? yep you read it right ford calibra! who the hell do they employ up there???? to top it all she never even owned the car to start with! if you have done as per the instruction of notifying change of keeper then they cant take you to court anyway period, its there lack of communication with DVLA Ireland thats the problem, just ignore them if its registered to you and insured and taxed and you cna prove that let em stew! idiots

just tell them you have taken legal advice and wont be entertaining any of their old bollocks! they are useless a friend of mine got a log book through her door yesterday!! for FORD CALIBRA??? yep you read it right ford calibra! who the hell do they employ up there???? ....

.... idiots

Answered it yourself there mate! Also, they're welsh which is never going to help!