ok do you think these wheels would fit ok only asking coz im crap with wheel fitting ok there bbsrc041 17IN 71/2J ET41 also will have to get adapters coz here off a bmw whats the thinest adapters you can get 25mm.

p,s not forgetting im lowered 60mm

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks matt - can't wait to get them on when the weather's better (they've been sitting in my garage since October!)

Sorry Slim but unfortunately I don't think either of us will be the only ones running them this year - there seem to be far too many sets knocking about on vw forums :( (we do at least live a long way away fromeach other ;) )

Didn't take any pics of the rear really (only got as far as fitting one wheel, it was freezing that day!). This is the best i can do:

Picture029.jpg

TBH - i thinked they'd look better if the rears were are bit wider - because of the offset (et41 + 20mm adaptors = et21) there is a lot of inner arch clearance

Yeah the arches will need rolling - think the biggest problem will be where the bumper lips over into the arch.

The H&R adaptors are pricey at £190 but there aren't many alternatives available yet + the H&R's were the only ones i found that were alloy and TUV approved (they're pretty heavy so wouldn't fancy using steel ones!)

it shouldnt rub on the bumpers imo as the wheel actually moves upwards and forwards under suspension travel' date=' more likely it will catch the front lower part of the arch just above where it joins the sills!

[/quote']

What Matt said above! You'll be surprised where the rubbing actually takes place on the rear! You can shave the bumper gently on certain bits with a file if need be, but I only needed too on mine when I fitted the 9x17's and then only a slither!

There gonna look damn nice when there all fitted on though guys providing you can get the cars low enough on them with that ET.

Simon.

Thanks Matt & Si - i did think that there might just be enough clearance as the rear beam does sit just above horizontal, so as you say the wheel should only move up and forward.

Si, if it was only just a problem for you with 9x17's I should be able to park a bus in the clearance I'll have with my rims :P

Hopefully they'll look good with my ride height (no where near as low as most of you), as I can't go any lower without moving house! :@

... If not' date=' it's going into the bodyshop to get painted next month so I'll just get the guy to bash the arches in with a big hammer :)

[/quote']

That'll do the job :D

I reckon gold centre's will work well with the, purple you'll have to post pic's once they're on (don't worry i'm not think of doing the same, although I'm considering doing something with the centres ;) )

Thanks Matt & Si - i did think that there might just be enough clearance as the rear beam does sit just above horizontal' date=' so as you say the wheel should only move up and forward.

Si, if it was only just a problem for you with 9x17's I should be able to park a bus in the clearance I'll have with my rims :P

Hopefully they'll look good with my ride height (no where near as low as most of you), as I can't go any lower without moving house! :@

[/quote']

Don't forget Ive had some serious arch work done on mine though mate! I know it doesn't look like there that much wider, but believe me an 8" wheel looks lost in there now! Plus the bumper was pulled and lengthened to fit the wider rear!

I recon a nice stretched tyre, a bit of rolling of the arches and some colour coded cetres and a healthy drop and they'll look very Smart! :P

Simon.