next car ?

considered e36 m3 before i bought this vr6 but maint. would be too high!

also considered a S3 but couldnt justify 9K plus for a 1.8 4 pot car

next might be a big engined auto bmw or V6 4 motion/R32

but that is loooooong time away as i need to rinse every penny out of this car first and drive it to its death lol

I had considered the M3 Evo (E36) but maintenance is very costly and the Vanos unit is a real cause for concern if it goes, and it does go. There's always the Alpina's B10 or B3 (both straight 6, 3.3& 280bhp) for around £10k. There are plenty on www.pistonheads.com amongst many other beautiful must haves.

i love mk4s but cant decide on what id want as a 1.8T is not gonna be a step up in pefrormance from a VR and same with tdi's but i like the 54mpg on the gt tdi. as much as id love a r32 4motion or aniversary, iv spent all my pennies on VR, and gonna spend the last few on some big/ish plans i have for her.

so what ever i get it will be 3grand or what ever i can get for my VR6, and theres bugger all worth buying for that. fairly happy with it tho, planning on keepin a year or two.

i,m keeping mine , with s/c u get good performance mines been with me since 2000 no problems touch wood it,s on 94000 miles .

if changing witch i,m not ,it would be gti mk5 or mk4 r32 but i,ve heard mk5 is better and from what i,ve read . but iv,e not driven either. :|

so you should keep it' date=' iv spent soo much on mine too, no point doin it all up fit for a king then selling it to someone who dont even appreciate half of it

[/quote']

exactly! i love mine tbh, never thought id be able to get one. :(( *happy tears* i think the only consern is age/reliablilty of mine its 12 years old but lowish miles 84k have to see how it goes.

i' date='m keeping mine , with s/c u get good performance mines been with me since 2000 no problems touch wood it,s on 94000 miles .

[/quote']

I'm with you there Mate. I've had mine since 2002 (no supercharger though)and mines never let me down, not even brakes or battery needed replacing. Touch wood. The only money I have spent on it is the general running costs.

Well happy with it with low mileage of 64,000! As it is a second car and driven about once a week, I do not drive it enough to get bored of it! 8)

Jon 8)

i,ve just been for a walk to the shops i came across a magic lamp...just kidding. a mk4 tdi anniversary in silver parked up very nice i dont know

wether i,m getting old but that must be the perfect tdi the seats were nice

it had silver around the clocks it looked lovely on them 18''bbs wheels

150bhp straight on autotrader minimum 10,500 pounds they all look nice in black ,red etc ..i love me vr6 but i would have one must get at around 450 miles to a tank,, finaly driving them 44 tonne trucks have got to me inject me some more deisel... :):)