vw windsor blue in a can

i wouldnt trust halfrauds to mix up their prices let alone paint for my car! the prices from the stealer arent that bad and not much more than one mixed up by someone else! providing you prep it well and get a good base primer coat down, there's plenty in one can from vw to finish your grill, spesh as you'll be laquering it anyway!

i wouldnt trust halfrauds to mix up their prices let alone paint for my car! the prices from the stealer arent that bad and not much more than one mixed up by someone else! providing you prep it well and get a good base primer coat down' date=' there's plenty in one can from vw to finish your grill, spesh as you'll be laquering it anyway!

[/quote']

i agree, but for some reason he didnt want to go to a dealer, the dealer price for the colour and lacquer kit is the same price as halfords so i would go to the dealer, and as you said its mixed at the factory rather than by a half wit ;);)

yeah, i gave halfords my paint code and i got the wrong bloody colour! i kept telling the guy i didn't want twilight violet as my car is dusky mauve, but he insisted the computer was right! how wrong! there are some good paint places though, the best way to find a reputable one is pop along to a local bodyshop and ask them where they recommend. that's what i did and me and my bank account are very happy with the results!

stockers said...

the dealer price for the colour and lacquer kit is the same price as halfords so i would go to the dealer, and as you said its mixed at the factory rather than by a half wit ;);)

Thats generous! my local halfrauds hasnt got any staff nearly as clever as that! :P i nearly had to supply blood as proof of id... aswell as my entire history of bank accounts gas bills and passports and log book just to get some number plates made! even then the mong started to make the wrong reg up! %-6

I bought an aerosol spray from paints4u.com, when i needed to touch up a few bits and bobs.

That cost about £11 and included a small pot of rubbing compound. Dont know how that compares with Halfords etc, but i was happy with the quality of the paint they provided.

All they need is your paint code and they match it up.