GMAX suspension kits - are they very bouncy or very good value?

For decent coilovers I was assuming I'd be paying close to £400 or more. For example I think FK Konigsports are £450 (these seem to have a few good reviews but still hard to find people with them). I've only seen one or two people mention FK Highsports but not enough to tell whether they last the distance or not... I asked Stealth and they didn't have much experience with the Highsports. Not sure how long coilovers last compared to spring/shock kits and compared to standard suspension... anyone? I was told that the GMAX kits last at least 3 years. I'm VERY surprised the arches were rubbing on full load deathbob, when the GMAX kit only drops the car a mere 35mm... unless the suspension is very soft which can't be good... bit of a mystery.

I wouldnt say the gmax kit is too soft,I wouldnt want the ride to be any firmer. The problem for me is compounded by the near side bumper being a bit out of shape where it meets the wheel arch. You can notice it a little in the pics earlier in this thread. The off side is a bit rusted too so a visit to the body shop has always been on the cards. One problem always seems to lead to another!!

More to follow once i see the body shop on sat.

Deathbob

The GMAX suspension kit includes uprated shocks and springs that lower the car 35mm - it doesn't lower the car any more than this. I've had a look and there are no suspension kits out there that will lower the car more than this... why is this? There is a Koni Sports kit for a VR6 (£295+vat on Venom which I was interested in) but that only lowers the car 25-30mm which isn't much lower than standard. Seems as though coilovers are required if you want the car to be lowered more than 35mm.

Does anyone else here have pics of their Golf with a GMAX suspension kit or any other kit where the car has been lowered by no more than 35mm so I can see how low it looks and what the gap is like between the wheel arch and tyre? Thanks for any help. My email is matt76_2@yahoo.com if you need to send pics that way.

Cheers

Matt

i,ve got wietec on mine not coilovers but drops from 25mm to 70mm but i was

told not to put bigger wheels on i,ve had them on car now 4yrs or more

but the front arches have started touching tyres on full lock or if hit a slight dip in road or going on driveway maybe its knacked i know it can be bouncy but these problems have only been over last 8 months but has dropped alot.

Thanks. Anyone else with pics of their car lowered 35mm?

My email is matt76_2@yahoo.com if you can't post pics on here.

My car has no plastic wheel arches so need to get a good idea of what the gap will be like between the tyre and wheel arch if possible. All pics welcome.

Cheers for any help.