if this is the same as silver seal and super seal kits mate, think there a bit of a gimick that the main dealer normally tries to sell to the gulable public for bout 300 notes!! my mates a valeter and sorts me out shit hot polish that they use. Imo tho i wouldnt waste ur money on it just buy a quality polish.

thats just it!polish from car shops is shit!they don't use names like silver seal and super seal.i had my neighbour get his car done by a 'pro' valeter,and to be quiet honest,i wouldn't trust that company with a matchbox car!he even asked me who i got to do mine!!!!

lol.. i know what your saying matey!! you going inters? bring some along for you if u like? it even comes with a sponge to apply it.. he he! Think they say its garuteed for seven years ( yeah right)

Had the Halfords Zymol stuff and was impressed to say the least, but G/F bought me a kit for my birthday, have only tried it on one panel, and I must say I'm now converted! Used to be an Autoglym man, and still have £££'s of that in the garage, but never go back to it after using Zymol. Plus it smells good!

We tend to used a few different waxes.

Autoglym Super Resin

Turtle Wax Metallic and a new one they have just brought out in a red tin that can be used in either direct sunlight or damp conditions

Zymol from Halfords. Its Mrs personal favourite as she calls it aromatherapy for her car. The cat likes a good sniff of the banannas too. LOL.

Then the odd coat of colour magic too.

Anyone tried the new Turtle Wax clear wax = no white residue?

think i'm gonna have to go for one of these zymol kits!i can't beleive for one minute that it's a waste of money.i used to use auto glym,but found it pretty dull compared to the £10.00 bottle of zymol from halfords!

Can anyone recommend the exact name of the stuff to use to polish my silver VR6. I've looked on the web and there is hundreds of different zymol products! Very confusing, i usually use autoglym super resin polish

whats the differance between the zymol wax and autoglym stuff, i normally use the range of autoglym products, green bottle then red then the gold one. but it does take all day to do, have now started to use the show n shine spray by autoglym just before going out, works real well. Is the zymol wax that good, do you use it every time? is it worth giving it a go?

well i think you'll find zymol is made from ingredients other than petrol and silicons hence is far better for the paint work!i have used all the waxes from auto glym,and the shit meguire's makes and believe me,the cheap £10.00 bottle of zymol from halfords is far better and that is really only a cleaner wax!!!!!my vr is tornado red and really benefits from a good wax!!!!people think i've had a re-spray!LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone interested in the expensive Zymol should also consider Swissol, its similar stuff that does at least as good a job but is easier to use.

Contact John Wintle if interested. (Hes a clubgti host I think.)

http://www.btinternet.com/~john.wintle2/swissol/swissol.html

I cant get this link to work right, copy and paste into your browser.

[ Edited Wed May 19 2004, 01:31AM ]