First mods suggestions

Ok guys, i have recently bought a 1994 Golf VR6 auto to replace my Punto GT (which is up for sale if anyone is interested)

The VR is basically standard apart from a filter. What are the best mods to start with and how much am i looking at? I don't just mean engine mods i mean any mods whatsoever.

I'm going to inters next Sunday. (Bloody 4 hours away!) and was hoping to pick up a few bits and bobs then.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Chris

Guest Olly_K

ah.........a blank canvas. I started on engine mods, but i wish i'd got the suspension sorted sooner. I would say some sort of suspension (coilovers if poss) to start with. Then the usual air filter, exhaust, chip, throttle body stuff. then work up to the shrick VSR, cams and super charger !

visual mods, start with crystal indicators/fogs (clear or smoke), headlights twins, angel eyes or mk4s, get a debadged grill. round back, a nice set of M3 smoked rear clusters, and a nice understated tail pipe !

make sure you get to inters early on the sunday then if you want to pick up any bargains! i would reccomend that the first thing you change is the suspension! varying costs for different setups, but all will be better than the standard car! i would advise you need to spend in the region of £300 on at least a good shock/spring combo! although no doubt everyonre on here will have a view on the best for the car!

I'm going to go for coilovers but not for a short while (Got to save some pennies + i'm off on holiday soon)

As for the lights etc, i am hoping to pick up some fogs/indicators at inters as i have a crack in the passenger side fog. I'm not too sure about the M3 style lights though, the car is Indian red and i think the smoked rear lights really suit it.

As for the exhaust, what do you all suggest? i don't want it too noisey mind.

My shopping list for inters so fas is

Debadged grill, fogs/indicators, smoked side repeaters.

Cheers for your replies so far

Guest Olly_K

i've got a milltek cat back on mine. and it sounds everso slightly deep at idle, only when you floor it does it sound like a scooby going up the road !

nice and understated :)