Exact performance gain for obd1?

I've spent hours going through all the threads on here, and loads talk about chipping/remapping etc. But what i want to know is, what will be the approximate gain in bhp/torque with a chip on an obd1 vr. I've been told to expect an increase from 170bhp to 190bhp? That sound about right?

Thanks all who help.

nobody can give you a realistic figure1 just do it and see the results! everyone expects later cars to produce more because of the "better" obd2 engine management. but thats not always the case! get on the rr and set the car up /get advice/modify!

It depends on so many factors - mileage / age of your engine / condition. Atmospheric pressure/temperature on the day it gets rolling road tested etc etc. My previous VR6 went from 182bhp standard to 196bhp with an AmD chip according to their rollers. But for some reason would never show any more than 180 on Vince's rollers.

Right, think i'll just bite the bullet and get it done. I can't see anything else is going to give similar power gains for the money, and be insurance friendly. I'll keep you updated on results!