Anyone know if there is a Haynes manual that covers a 94 golf vr6?! I went down to local halfords, who had a Haynes manual for my year golf, but it said it did NOT cover a 2.8 VR6. The only book i can find thats similar, is £40+ quid, author Robert Bentley, but it gets crap reviews. Any ideas??

no haynes manual covers the vr6 engine! everything else in the book is applicable apart from engine tasks! the bentley manuals are the ones to have for the vr, although some stuff is a bit foreign as it applies to us models which have a lot of changes to our models!

Thats really annoying, i know how to do pretty much everything else on cars, but never messed with a V6 engine before. I hear that the engine from a ford galaxy is a vr lump?? Any truth in that? Maybe a Haynes manual covering that would be useful?

it shares a similar lump. thats true, but there are differences and a ford manual may not help! by the time you've opened it to look, its to lat as most places wont accept a return on books of that nature!

Hi, you can get the Bentley Manual for less than £30 new on amazon. Probably less for a used one. I think the manual is pretty good really. Its not as easy to find info in it as haynes manuals but it is very detailed in most (not all though) areas. I think its worth the money personally.