has anybody bought wheel spacer from these guys.

www.wheel-spacers.co.uk

And what are your comments on wheel spacers as whole. Are they safe to use? or would you not recommend using them if it can be helped.

Anyone got any story of wheels falling off because the use of wheel spacers.

depending on the clearance probs on the caliper itself, it is possible to "shave" a bit from the offending calipers using a dremmel or angle grinder, whichever falls to ahnd! it makes no difference to the caliper anyway if taken in small doses, and is usually only aq thin sliver needed to save those expensive wheels from catching! i'd avoid all spacers that aren't hub adapters for pcd unless hub centric, and then only if completely needed, as spacers of anything above 10mm put undue stresses on the front wheel bearings, and in extreme cases, ball joints too!

I'm looking at using wheel spacers as i have bought some wheels from eaby and thought that they would bolt straight on. As it happens the centre bore of the new alloys is smaller then my OE wheels.

So what i thought i would do is buy some 15mm spacere that are 5x100 and take 1/2mm off the outer lip of the center bore so the wheels would fit on to the spacer. Just to add i was going to have this done by an engineering firm so they would be accurate.

And the reason i'm usung 15mm spacer is that the wheels i bought are ET48 so by adding a 15mm, it would push the wheel out to ET33.

So what do people think should i do it, or could this be unsafe

dont bother m8, get spacers from a reputable company, ebay spacers are crap, i have a set of 4 15mm spacers i wiped them with a damp cloth and they rusted within an hour, imagine what would happen on your alloys with the salt and rain this winter.