sludge in coolant reservoir

hi all, well.... after having a little mayo on the oil filler cap and needing to top th oil up a bit, i just checked the coolant reservoir and the new coolant has turned into thick oily sludge! not just a bit of discolouring and a bit of a film but thick sludge from top to bottom.

i was told by the garage the head gasket had been checked and passed!!!!!!!! !mistrust

could be the oil cooler?

its obvious something is contaminating the water supply, replace the coolant and see what happens, driving your car with sluldge as coolant, isnt a good idea, locate the source of your leakage of oil and seal it up, i would go to another garage and check the headgasket, just for second opinion, your condition is serious m8.....try not to drive her.

cheers nerih, on the plus side the car is still under warranty so it isn't going to cost me anything to get it fixed. bit of luck i checked the coolant really, i was fitting some bonnet lifters and thought i'd have a little look round the engine to see if anything needed topping up! !dodge