My SH*T Luck!

So, I collect my car from the garage yesterday after three attempts at them setting the timing after having replaced the timing chains, guides, tensioner and clutch. It now runs sweeeeeeet, better than it ever did. As I pull out of the forecourt someone stops to let me through and some w*nker in I don;t know what, overtakes this guy and hit my pasenger door leaving a nice dent and scrapes. He just carries on going and I can't do a thing about it. No registration plate, nothing! I'm beginning to hate this car, it feels really jinxed! Got me 6 points within 4 weeks of owning it too x)

I'm going to have the door repaired and then it's up for sale. Anyone interested?

Dragon Green, 3 door, 1997/R, 81k miles, FSH, Leccy sunroof, AC, Full closure Cta 1 alarm, Stainless exhaust, clean unmarked interior, body work in excellent condition (when door is repaired!) New timimg chains, guides, tensioner, clutch, gearbox oil changed, engine coolant changed, fully serviced. Offers?

I agree. Stick with it. bit i know how you feel. my car got broken into 3 days b4 my 18th bday. then i got it fixed, and pulled out the place i had my head unit fitted. stopped at lights and sum1 drove into the back of me. then it got vandalised. another problem 4 me is that i cant go through insurance. if i do, they wont insure me on the vr6 when i get one. so i pay out of my own cash all the time. to fix it has cost me nearly 800 quid in total. and thats using mates in the trade. STICK WITH IT BUDDY... IT CAN ONLY GET BETTER!

*SIGH* I hear you guys and thanks for the supportive words but it just gets a bit much after a while, you know? It's been one ting after another. It also had an attempted breakin over the summer and door was damaged, had that repaired and now the chains and this recent smack etc. part of me (a very large part) wants to sell up and buy something a little newer. Never thought I'd hear myself say that :(

i know how you feel. just chill out. have a little think. maybe sell your one and buy another one. its all about how you feel about a car. and if you dont fell for it anymore then get shot because you wont look after her as well as you should. but be sure of what your doing. a newer car? think very carefully.

Hey mate, that sure does suck... and sorry to hear that. Someone done a hit and run on me too, i was too gutted to chase after them !sad but if it happens again i will be ready to give case! grrrrrrr ~:(

Give it the weekend to think it over, i think the same thing when i get problems with mine or stuff goes wrong. The VR's are great cars and when the doors sorted im sure you will love it again!

Matt

If its any consolation.....Mines Dragon green 2, and this weeks been a ball 4 me....

I have a VW Caddy van see, and it needed one of the "new" money grabbing MOTs !grr ...sooooo along to the Mot station and all is going well van is fleeing through... then, a grinning mechanic comes out fron underneath the van and says " I'm gonna have to fail you... the handbrake cable has just snapped on me" ~:( ... yes, that cos you really yanked it on, I watched you... never mind, had to order 2 new cables..and have them fitted the next day, as they don't have then in stock! So I'm left with a van that has no handbrake for a day, and I decide to park the van up behind my VR and in gear!. Wednesday and the weather is absolutely Baltic, cars are all white in frost.. out I go and decide to "heat" the van up ready to be dropped off at the garage... I open the frozen door, let the glow plug light go out and proceed to start...**FECKIN' BANG!!!"*** (Yes, thats louder than an ordinary one, aided by me cursing!!) and I've just stuffed the Caddy into the back of me VR %-6 , not only that but I've immaculately managed to park the VR in between the patio wall and the garden fence!! !amazed If I'd tried this, I'd never managed it in a million years... The VR is sitting nose down into the grass with the rear wheels still on the patio slabbing. No Damage to the VR whatsoever just a mere Ballache as to how the Feck do I get her out, she won't reverse out as she's fully beached on the patio. :o Better still, the caddy requires a new bumper as the towbar punctured the plastic spoiler and wrecked the bumper. Spent all day digging the VR outta the garden, and sourcing new parts 4 me Caddy Van... Feckin' great , more expense all B4 Xmas.... So you think you're hard done to?? B) join the club !sad ... its a Dragon Green Kinda thing.. don't worry about it just get back in the saddle and start again.... !shy

LOL That's cheered me up some, sorry to laugh 28vr6 (not at your bad luck) just the thought of the VR on the patio and having to dig her out :P

I know the world's full of people that are worse off. One of my friends wound me up all day when I told her about my recent run of bad luck. All I heard was how 'at least you have the money to put it right, it's only a car, some people don't have anything or food to eat, one of your family could be ill, I know which I would prefer...' Yes, I know all that, but in the scheme of things, right here, right now, I have my own problems and not being worse off does not justify having these problems nor make them any more acceptable! ~:(

We'll see. I think it's just common sense and priority taking over and telling me, 'why keep pouring good money into something that may potentially get worse with age'. Sadly it's at this age that the problems become more frequemt and ultimately more expensive. It becomes difficult trying to justify the upkeep to both myself and my family.

I haven't given up on her just yet, she goes n to the bodyshop on Wednesday to have the door repaired :)