Hey guys,

What really are the implications of tyres rubbing arches and liners?

I imagine the answer is different if the tyre rubs more/less often, at what speed/whether it touches the metal arch lip of the plastic liner. I can definately see a feint line on the front tyres.

Will it damage/bust the tyre/blowout/flip you over under extreme circumstances?

And secondly, if I did roll the arches, it appears that the rears have a bigger lip than the front so the effect would be more noticeable (or not, if the tyre is only hitting the liners, then rolling would have no effect) and the fronts have a large rigid piece of plastic which forms the edge of the liner which looks like, due to its position, that rolling the tiny front metal lip wouldnt do much as the plastic would still be there.

17*7.5, et 35 about 40-50mm down on h & r coils.

My first plan of attack is to go up 10mm as the front air dam plastic hits the deck on hard corners.

Your thoughts?

My rear tyres scrubbed to fcuk with the 8.5" wide wheels I have at the moment.....really cut hooge chunks out of the outer wall.

I have now been running them for quite a while like this and was at first a little worried, but now I don't even think about it.....I'll post some pics tomorrow so you can see just how bad they were rubbing.

Mine used to catch on the inner arches with my old wheels when hard cornering. It was rubbing on the inside of the wheel and you could see the marks on the inner arch when the wheel was removed.....I never worried about that at all as it wasn't very often.

All the above is with a drop of about 60-65mm

Hope that helps mate.

I just dont feel warm and fuzzy about losing rubber by rubbing - ooo errrr... but in all fairness, a blowout would be a pretty average experience.

Having seen your photos pittuf, perhaps my drop is the same as /close to yours. There is no rubbing on the inside - I think - just the outside. Should have got 7" wide wheels!

mines rubbing if on tight right and turns or full lock on passenger side front,back both rears pealing strands of tyre

if it a bump on road. 7x15 wheels but was worse with oe highline rims my front passenger is the problem on arch lip

showing metal,paint as come off. would rolling them cure this

tooo low.. :(

if i say reverse on to drive and turn a little the arch drops on to tyre the wing does do what u said trying to buccle wing...

i love the o so shizzle me dizzle on me rizzle lmao...no i,ve got weitech suss on 75 mm drop ..cheers :P:P