havent got the standard alarm, got a peice of crap that was fitted by the previous owner. getting a new fitted at the weekend. but was just seeing if has a standard immbilizer fitted in the key (like most modern cars have).

I'm getting my clifford alarm fitted and spoke to the fitter yesterday, he checked the key and confirmed that it had a chip in. He said he needed both when fitting the alrm. I think it has to be in the car at all times to stop things from going wrong. Mines a 97(P) highline, hope this helps.

Just checked and only one of my keys has got the light in it so maybe only one has the chip in. I can't open the second key.

If you open the key up the chip/imobiliser bit is a small greyish thin thing on the other side to the light bulb.

both keys will have the chip if you fitting clifford and the fitter wants both keys the only reason i can think for this is that you are having intellistart fitted. if so be waened that any alarm fitted with remote start no longer meets thatcham cat one criteria

Yep ur right there, already had the smart windows so thatcham 1 was already out the window, (bad pun I know) but keep it under your hat please. Having said that i'm insured with Admiral and they only ask if you have an alarm, so it makes no difference at the moment.