Air Intakes Into Front Bumper - Finished With Pics

Hello - does anyone know if the bolts that hold the Bonrath air intakes in have anything to do with holding the bumper on at all? Would the bolts at the top of the bumper and clips on the side be strong enough to hold it all together tightly?

My cars in the bodyshop at moment and I was wanting to remove the bolts holding them in but they seemed quite big and not just for holding a plastic vent on!

Cheers

I asked about this a while back so its good to see the black airfix plastic can be removed and permanently replaced with something quality looking. I have just used the bolts to hold the bonrath vents in, but ideally would have it properly smoothed. I see no reason though why the both cant go back in place after - you'd never see it unless on your hands and knees!

Did your bonrath vents fit like a square in a circle? Mine were a pretty ordinary fit.

Great minds and all that eh Warren! ha ha

I've chosen to take the bolts out as I want the bumper completely smoothed and the intakes bleded in without having to see the bolts - theres enough fixings to hold it in place firmly anyway. The intakes are held in nice and tight by 1 screw and the fibreglass - when I fitted them they went on like a glove, good snug fit!

touche ;-) good stuff mate - im about to start my bumpers this weekend- and im glad to hear that the guys who have done yours have done it how im doing mine- with fibreglass and less filler....

i planned to use fibreglass paste for the intakes and then the same from the back- possibly with some hidden screws for good measure... :-) bet you cant wait fell :-D

Cheers everyone - the vents did have a lip on them and didnt sit completely flush so what they done is went around the edges and filed the edges/lips down and then fibre glassed them in to the bumper, smoothed it all down, fillered any imperfections and sprayed it all up.