Can anyone help me, possible new daily driver.

Well i dont think that is correct its been modified and thats that dont think it matters that all the parts are vag...... B)

i have never declared things i have done to my car and i have had one stolen and got the pay out anyway...... i guess its up to you, you can keep hush or you can be truthful.... :D 2nd is the better option so your covered, but i personaly havent ever bothered, i will do tho when i have my vr6 modified as i think otherwise i would loose out bit time.....

Anyway that golf seems a good buy to me.....nice one... :P

not bought it yet anyway, thought the insurance people would be a bit better to notice that things don't look right but saying that how many know the ins and outs of a mk2 golf, what you think of the price, £900. need to do a bit of adjusting with the dosh but could nearly get it sorted out in the next few days, well hopefully.

i checked for insurance to on a basic 1.6 driver and the cheapest was £350 and the elephant quote wasn't in yet.

speaking of insurance i'm with elephant so can drive other cars 3rd party. does this even apply to a 2nd car?? anyone know.

cheers

Start from the basics: if your car is modified from standard, you have to declare it. No ifs or buts or its modified with bits from another VW. Modified is modified.

If you havent declared and you have a crash, then your insurance company has the right to nullify your insurance cover. So you will not get paid for damage to the other person/car or for your car, and more importantly, it means you were driving without insurance - so the Police will absolutely throw the book at you - a large fine, points on the license and even a custodial sentence depending on if you killed someone else.

Just not worth it. Scarry spiders.

On a happier note, insurance companies that accept modified vehicles, only tend to charge more when the modification is to the engine (i.e. you've slapped a Turbo or SC on there), or if you've changed the brakes.

I even had to get an "engineers report" to say that my 2.9 engine + box was "fitted satisfactorily and to a high standard" in my Golf (which was a VR6 2.8 to start with anyway!). Cost me £30 and the insurance company is happy and I can quite happily mow a family of three down and know that its not because I've modified my car.

Jules

i thought it was that with the insurance. it didn't really make sense to me so i thought i would ask.

the only way you could have got away with it is if the items you upgraded it to were in the original option list. eg if you look on the top gear site it gives you the spec list of each car and says that a vr could come on 16's, saying that i think it was just the later ones.

yep.

Another ill concieved idea is that the insurance company wont notice that you've modified the car if you have a crash.... Utter nonsense. Its not the spotty kid on the phone who you spoke to pay for your insurace who will come out to your car in the event of an accident or fatality.

Think: crash scene investigators, forensic investigators - people who know thier $hit.

Rant over!

Jules