Thinking of getting some new headlights but I am just wondering peoples opinions. My car has a bit of a black theme with black wheels and standard rear lenses however front lights are standard.

I dont want angel eye or Mk4 crystal style i.e. bling looking ones so there is either quads or black backed ones.

What best for quads, clear or smoked lenses?

I like the non-angel BMW style as well. Cant really decide.

Here's what I think you're after:

http://www.ngpracing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=FKNS5003a&Category_Code=mk3vw

FK Powerlooks. You just gotta find a UK supplier now. Highly unlikely to be available in RHD, but sticking your standard headlamps back on every year for your MOT isn't much of a problem.

Those look like cheap versions of the Hella twins. I'd go for the Hella twin projectors, I had them on mine before I put the Hella Mk4 crystals on and they looked spot on and the quality is second to none too. The lenses are a nice size too, any bigger and they look a bit "bug-eyed".

Have a look at Brian's (dubster82) black Highline, he's got a set of black Hella twins on that and it looks good.

Personally, I don't like split quads, I prefer them behind glass. I like the angel look but it's wearing off on me as I see so many of them around and they're appearing like wild fire on the Vauxhall scene. I quite like the look of the black FK Powerlooks. Simple yet effective.

try to look for some old pictures of binliners mk3, he had some sweet lights on it, with black backgrounds, the FK black ones have HUGE reflectors, binliner's were perfect, ask him which ones he had on his old car, it was black too.

unless you by some crystal ones and have them sprayed.

got to be the black fk power look. mk4 black ones would be ok except for the extra light in the midle which is supose to be a dummy indicator.

woudnt go for quads therre a bit old school now. altho smoke wouldnt be asbad on a black car and could pick some up for 70 quid on ebay.

im gutted cus i love the smoke mk4/fk power lights but only seem to look good on black cars.

• 3 weeks later...